Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

622 "Lost satellite signal" anomaly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:13 PM

This weekend I was watching the "Reels" channel (one I never watched before this Saturday) when the lost satellite signal error message popped up. I hit the EPG button and the channel reappeared in the little window in the EPG.

Just for fun I tried to rewind the program, thinking that I'd see a glitch at the point where the signal was lost and guess what? No glitch! The entire program was unaffected in the live buffer!?! I know I did not miss anything because the error message first popped on when they said something like "back to the movie". When I rewound the program I heard that comment and saw a seamless transition to the point where the film left off before the commercial break. This same error message popped up at least two more times, each time I was able to rewind back to the point where I supposedly "lost signal" and watch everything I would have missed still in the buffer.

I'm sorry, I don't have my S/W version available to post at this time. I do know my LNB drift is -6 for both 119 & 110 (in case that has any bearing on this problem). BTW: in the diagnostics where it lists my receivers "health stats" it only shows readings for the 4 sample transponders on 119 & 110 and all 0's for 129 (since I don't have 129 but I do have 61.5 which that list ignores). Has anyone else seen this anomaly?
An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:25 PM

I just checked the L618 "bugs" thread and someone posted an experience similar to mine. Apparently making a recording while watching has something to do with the anomaly. Thee was a recording going on the 2nd tuner (I'm in single mode) when I experienced the anomaly watching the 1st tuner live.
An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...