Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Trouble watching ESPN Womens NCAA

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CJTE

CJTE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:01 PM

Is anyone else having trouble watching 210, 211, or 214?

DirecTVs CSR's seem to be clueless, unfortunately. One of my DVRs would allow me to order it but I shouldnt have to pay for the womens games!?!

EDIT:
I apologize, I seem to be not very detail oriented because im on the phone.
In an attempt to watch the NCAA Womens games on this eveing on channel 210, 211, or 214, I get PPV options.
On my R15, I have the option to order the games, on my HR20's, I get 733 (no phone line) or 736, etc.

The games aren't listed for purchase on DirecTV.com, and the one that is listed on 723 is listed TBA.
Since when did Womens basketball games become PPVs?

Edited by CJTE, 23 March 2009 - 08:09 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   rebkell

rebkell

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:11 PM

Only if you sub to Full Court, if one of the games is in your state or on their map, you would probably get it, I can watch the Vandy game on 216 because I'm in Tennessee, everything else is blacked out, except the
main ESPN SD and HD channel.

Edit: I see you edited your post while I was typing, I think you can buy a one day(maybe one weekend pkg for the women's games), but not positive, of course I've never had anything other than Full Court, so I'm not sure what kind of hoops need to be jumped through.

#3 OFFLINE   CJTE

CJTE

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:31 PM

Yea... After talking with an agent for 30 minutes, I got on with a supe who told me that.

However, they also both claimed that I could order the PPV via my remote on my R15 (being my primary receiver), and since the other receivers were mirrored off it, that I could watch the game on all the receivers. Since it wasnt available on DirecTV.com or in their system

#4 OFFLINE   rebkell

rebkell

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:09 PM

Yea... After talking with an agent for 30 minutes, I got on with a supe who told me that.

However, they also both claimed that I could order the PPV via my remote on my R15 (being my primary receiver), and since the other receivers were mirrored off it, that I could watch the game on all the receivers. Since it wasnt available on DirecTV.com or in their system

After tomorrow, all the games will be available(spaced out timewise, with little if any overlap) and in HD on either ESPN-HD or ESPN2-HD.

#5 OFFLINE   Bryan8801

Bryan8801

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:45 PM

Hi guys, Christine here over at ESPN. Hope I can help you. All games are available nationwide on ESPN360.com - ask your provider if you have access, it's free - and to subscribers of ESPN Full Court. If you want to watch your local regionalized game in its entirety, you must tune to your regular standard definition channel if you have cable. If you're subscribed to satellite you'll need to go to the alternate channel. Our maps on espn.com should provide answers to any other question. Just go to espn.com and type 'maps' into the search box. Enjoy the game!

#6 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,558 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:25 PM

Unless they changed it, only the receiver that orders the PPV via the remote will be able to watch it. If ordered online then all receivers on the account can watch.
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#7 OFFLINE   CJTE

CJTE

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:54 PM

Unless they changed it, only the receiver that orders the PPV via the remote will be able to watch it. If ordered online then all receivers on the account can watch.

Deet dee dee CSRs and the stories they tell their stupervisors.

FWIW, you can also call DirecTV and have them order a PPV for you (and for a $5 fee), and they will be on all the receivers on the account.

spam firewall