Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Question on 722

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cak144

cak144

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:08 AM

I am currently a Directv customer, but plan to switch to Dish. I have 2 tv's - one HD and one SD. I am hoping to get a 722 receiver. The distance between the two tv's will require approx 80-90 ft of coax. Right now I have RG59 and Dish has told me that they would replace it with RG6. My question is whether it will cause any reception problems with the tv's being 80-90 ft apart. If so, what is the recommended maximum distance between two tv's on a 722 receiver?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,402 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:26 AM

The only likely reception problem is if you're also using the cable for something other than feeding the home distribution signal to the SD TV.

Of course I'm assuming that the RG59 cable is properly terminated and otherwise in good condition.

#3 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:31 AM

100' is no problem, even with RG59. The modulators in the Dish receivers are quite good. One issue you may have, though, is with the RF remote having trouble controlling the TV2 with the receiver so far away. If so, the easiest "fix" is to extend the remote antenna with a coax jumper and barrel. Often, just raising it a few feet will do the trick.

If that isn't enough, you can use a couple of splitters to move the remote antenna into the TV2 room.

Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:47 PM

Don't forget changing from "A" to "B" mode will increase the sensitivity as well. I would say that's the easiest thing to try right off the bat.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

spam firewall