Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DoD Data Usage Question?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   vonzoog

vonzoog

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:55 AM

When downloading a DoD program, is the program downloaded by the satellite(s) or is all of the data downloaded through my internet provider?

I am on limited usage by my internet provider and want to know if I am going to be getting myself into trouble with to much data usage.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   miketorse

miketorse

Icon

• Registered
  • 647 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:09 AM

All via the internet.
Mike

My system:

HR21
HR22 w/ AM21
R15
SWM-8
Slimline5 w/ no LOS to 119 Slimline3

#3 OFFLINE   sdirv

sdirv

Icon

• Registered
  • 524 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:14 PM

When downloading a DoD program, is the program downloaded by the satellite(s) or is all of the data downloaded through my internet provider?

I am on limited usage by my internet provider and want to know if I am going to be getting myself into trouble with to much data usage.

My internet provider sets limits also, they've told me I'd have to download the equivalent of 1500, 30 minute TV shows in a month to hit that "limit". That would be downloading @25 hours of programming, every day for 30 days.:)

spam firewall