Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Syfy Channel: Discussion (take 2)

• Please log in to reply
377 replies to this topic

#376 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 02:55 PM

Recent News:#3 cable entertainment network in a prime demographic... I cannot see how anyone can continue to consider their efforts over the last few years to be anything other than a massive success.

Disco Duck was also a hit back in 1976 but it did little to advance the long-term success of the musical genre. ;)

Syfy can add all the ratings-broadening shows like Ghost Whisperer they want, but they risk watering down the brand. If they continue to invest in shows like SGU, Caprica, etc, things should go well. Just beware the duck.
.......... There are none so blind as those who can not see it in HD.
.......... Directv customer since January 2000.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#377 OFFLINE   bicker1

bicker1

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 03:01 PM

No, the risk redefining the brand, which is what their intent was.

FWIR, SGU sucks.

I feel that they need to invest in more shows like Warehouse 13 and Eureka... those really foster the brand that they're trying to build and represent the kind of programming my wife and I like best.

Caprica sounds good too, though.

#378 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 20,436 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 14 October 2009 - 03:10 PM

Caprica looks good, from the pilot... Eureka is good... Warehouse 13 I haven't fully engaged though I have it on the DVR.

There is room for some variety in the genre... SciFi programming doesn't all have to be serious.

-- !rotaredoM mA eM

What I do when I'm not here

Protected By... spam firewall...And...