Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

WETA in Washington, DC, is it available in HD?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_quietmouse_*

Guest_quietmouse_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:02 PM

WETA in Washington, DC, is it available in HD? thanks! :)

(via DirecTV satellite, not OTA)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DC_SnDvl

DC_SnDvl

Godfather

• Registered
  • 276 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:12 PM

No

#3 OFFLINE   Rob-NovA

Rob-NovA

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 597 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:33 PM

Not yet unfortunately. Although they were one of the first PBS stations to go HD. Wonder what's taking them so long? Would be nice to see the fireworks in HD this year.
Rob

#4 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:23 PM

You can easily find out what locals are available on DirecTV using the D* website. Go here http://www.directv.com/locals and type in the zip code and it will show you which local channels are available via satellite and which are in HD.

Edited by mreposter, 28 March 2009 - 03:23 PM.
fixing URL

.......... There are none so blind as those who can not see it in HD.
.......... Directv customer since January 2000.

#5 OFFLINE   Rob-NovA

Rob-NovA

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 597 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:33 PM

I sent a note to the folks at WETA via their web feedback form asking when they were going to be providing an HD feed (and potentially the subchannels) to DirecTV. This is what I got back today:

Thank you for watching WETA and for taking the time to write. WETA makes all of our channels available to the cable and satellite providers. It is their choice whether they will carry us digitally or not. Therefore, I have not been informed of a decision by DirecTV to carry our digital stations. I hope they plan to do so in the future, but I would suggest you contact DirecTV directly for more information regarding this decision. Currently, DirecTV only carries the main WETA channel digitally (26.4). They have given us no indication that they are carrying WETA Create (26.2), WETA Kids (26.3) or WETA HD (26.1).

I got this from someone advertising themselves as an "Audience Services Coordinator" (name and contact info withheld), so I don't know how technically accurate this is regarding D*'s choice to carry SD versus HD.
Rob

#6 OFFLINE   Captain TV

Captain TV

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:30 PM

Maybe Directv can't decide which PBS affiliate to carry, after all we recieve WETA, WHUT, Maryland Public Broadcasting and Virginia Public Broadcasting. Life is good but it would be better with PBS in HD.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...