Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

722K Locked Channels Keep Showing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   msalvail

msalvail

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:32 PM

Hi Y'all!

I got a 722K on Tuesday and so far, it has worked great. It is replacing a 622 that was caught up in an endless rebooting cycle and a replacement 622 that worked for about an hour. I find the PQ great but am disappointed they didn't send the OTA module with the installer, as requested. I'll order one as its a PITA to switch back and forth to OTA and also, not be able to record off of those channels isn't fun.

One thing I have noticed, though, is that my locked channels are not hidden. I have gone through the procedure twice, locking out all the SD duplicates of the HD channels but they keep showing up when I press guide.

Is this a flaw with this system or could I be doing something wrong...any thoughts?

THanks in advance!
Mary
*E since '98: Dish 1000.2,VIP622, VIP722K
*D since 4/07 for MLB EI, HR-21

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ChuckA

ChuckA

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:55 PM

Did you select to Hide Locked Channels? And did you lock the receiver?
Receivers: ViP622 (dual mode), ViP722k (single mode), 311
Dish 1000
America's "Everything" Pack & HD
TV1: SONY 55" KDF-55WF655; HDMI & Components connections
OTA Antenna in attic
PocketDish AV700E

#3 OFFLINE   msalvail

msalvail

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:22 AM

I did both but just tried it again and it took. I'll see if its still locked tomorrow. Thanks!
Mary
*E since '98: Dish 1000.2,VIP622, VIP722K
*D since 4/07 for MLB EI, HR-21

Protected By... spam firewall...And...