Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Replacement Remote for 510D

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tetonbarbie

tetonbarbie

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:44 AM

My Platinum remote has died. I cannot find anyone online to buy a replacement remote as it is discontinued. I own all my equipment so cannot use warranty for replacement from Dish.

Does anyone know what alternate remote can be used with 510D and where I can purchase?

Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:57 AM

Have you called Dish? Most of the time, they're pretty good about sending out replacement remotes for free. Even if they don't, they don't charge much for them.

#3 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:29 PM

I find the 6.3 replacement they'll send you to be much more comfortable to use than the Platinum. It will come with a set of keys (the color tab at the bottom of the remote) so you can operate it in IR (green key) or UHF (black key). The UHF Pro key is only for newer receivers.

The 510 does not fit in the "Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)." Could a moderator move this to either General Dish Discussion or the SD Receiver Support forum?
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

spam firewall