Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Any word on MLB on Sirius?

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   max1

max1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 386 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:49 PM

Like i say djlong, i hope I am wrong. We do need an alternative to Fm but with my past experiecne with Sirius just haven't had good luck am sure i am not the only who has experienced this- i liked Sirius when i got the service but having it say acquiring sat signal every 10 minutes was getting old. i think the problem where i live is that we have too many trees that blocks the signal. BTW i was able to cancel the Stiletto another day of not being able to use it since it's raining here. I guess I just wasn't meant to have Sat Radio--

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,744 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 05:53 PM

XM sub here. I find it crazy that with a Sirius subscription and the Best of XM package you still cannot get MLB games. Yet as an XM sub with the Best of Sirius package I'm able to listen to any and all sports from the combined XM and Sirius especially NFL games. Weird but I'll take it.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#23 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,206 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 27 May 2009 - 05:41 AM

Max1: Sounds like very bad luck on your part - and that makes for a LOUSY experience.

I know where there are a couple of 'dead spots' as far as my XM in the car in concerned. But, by the same token, I drove from New Hampshire to Florida without having to fiddle and search for stations. During a trip in 2004 to South Carolina, I counted *two* dropouts on the entire trip, each one lasting about 4 seconds.

Between the PCR hooked up to my computer, the tuner hooked up to the GPS in my car (NavTraffic is VERY good) and the SkyFi2 that moves around the house, I really enjoy the service. I even have the repeater so that the antenna outside can broadcast to both the PCR and the SkyFi2 indoors.

I guess you'd say I'm committed :)

#24 OFFLINE   max1

max1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 386 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:35 PM

Max1: Sounds like very bad luck on your part - and that makes for a LOUSY experience.

I know where there are a couple of 'dead spots' as far as my XM in the car in concerned. But, by the same token, I drove from New Hampshire to Florida without having to fiddle and search for stations. During a trip in 2004 to South Carolina, I counted *two* dropouts on the entire trip, each one lasting about 4 seconds.

Between the PCR hooked up to my computer, the tuner hooked up to the GPS in my car (NavTraffic is VERY good) and the SkyFi2 that moves around the house, I really enjoy the service. I even have the repeater so that the antenna outside can broadcast to both the PCR and the SkyFi2 indoors.

I guess you'd say I'm committed :)

I guess so glad it worked great for ya. Yep, it was a bad experience the rep did tell me that Sirius wont work well with trees we have 3 in front and 3 in back and it blocks the signal. I am lucky we have a good fm market plus Jack Fm out of Sioux City actually a great station. i think will be fine plus i stream on line on aol. I do have D so i still will listen to xm there. Max-

#25 OFFLINE   I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE

CowboySooner

• Registered
  • 1,133 posts
  • LocationNorthern plains

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:38 AM

Well, The season is half over (kind of anyway). What a great time for Sirius to pick up MLB play-by-play.
Perhaps I Misremembered.

#26 OFFLINE   smokes20

smokes20

Godfather

• Registered
  • 497 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 06:28 AM

I am new to Sirius. Signed up yesterday after I received an offer in the mail. My Explorer has Sirius ready and the offer was for 6 months get 2 free. After viewing the website and seeing there was an app for our 2 itouchs to receive the internet radio I still had questions about MLB and Nascar.

After speaking with two different sales reps, neither could confirm if both itouchs would receive the internet radio at the same time. Both did confirm that MLB would not be getting play-by-play anytime soon. So I didn't bother getting the Best of XM package.

What I did find out after being transferred to tech support for the itouch app was that not all the premium stations are included in the internet radio pkg :nono2: Not only this but I would have to pay an add'l $8.99/month for the 2nd itouch and another $8.99/month for any additional devices I wanted to add to my subscription. I was ready just to cancel the whole thing.

Sirius needs to get their act together if they want to keep me after a year. To their credit, they did offer me and I accepted, a years service for my suv and free internet radio for half price. I only use my SUV two days a week.
Smokin' hot -- #14

#27 OFFLINE   wesmills

wesmills

Legend

• Registered
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:25 AM

After speaking with two different sales reps, neither could confirm if both itouchs would receive the internet radio at the same time. Both did confirm that MLB would not be getting play-by-play anytime soon. So I didn't bother getting the Best of XM package.

That part is the only correct information you received, from what I can tell. MLB on XM will be solely on XM for the foreseeable future, probably because MLB is getting all touchy about its licensing fees.

What I did find out after being transferred to tech support for the itouch app was that not all the premium stations are included in the internet radio pkg :nono2: Not only this but I would have to pay an add'l $8.99/month for the 2nd itouch and another $8.99/month for any additional devices I wanted to add to my subscription. I was ready just to cancel the whole thing.

Sirius needs to get their act together if they want to keep me after a year. To their credit, they did offer me and I accepted, a years service for my suv and free internet radio for half price. I only use my SUV two days a week.

From what I have been told the representative was incorrect. You need the "premium Internet listening" add-on ($2.99/month) on your account--on any radio--and then any iPod Touch or iPhone will be able to use that streaming account. You don't pay extra for additional iPod Touch or iPhone units. Based on what you wrote, you should have the premium Internet add-on and can freely use your Apple units with the Sirius XM app. However, much like DirecTV, DISH Network or your cell phone carrier, you will pay extra for additional units to be subscribed to the same content as the parent unit. Right now this is $8.99/month (compared to $12.95/month for the first radio) plus tax, if any, and MRF.

Edited by wesmills, 30 July 2009 - 04:41 AM.

#28 OFFLINE   ajc68

ajc68

Icon

• Registered
  • 667 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:48 PM

I'm very disappointed that Sirius has been unable to provide MLB. I'm seriously thinking about switching to XM because of this, but I'm wondering if XM provides the exact same feeds as Sirius in the other sports. For example, do you get all the NFL home and away feeds like on Sirius? Do you get the same NBA and college football coverage?

Edited by ajc68, 02 August 2009 - 06:37 PM.

#29 OFFLINE   wesmills

wesmills

Legend

• Registered
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 10:02 PM

I'm very disappointed that Sirius has been unable to provide MLB. I'm seriously thinking about switching to XM because of this, but I'm wondering if XM provides the exact same feeds as Sirius in the other sports. For example, do you get all the NFL home and away feeds like on Sirius? Do you get the same NBA and college football coverage?

No, MLB on XM carries only the home feed of the game. I would like to have away feeds as well, but half is better than not at all. If you switch to XM, to keep NFL and college sports you would need the Best of Sirius package, which, I believe, has NFL home feedsand "Sirius College Sports," which claims carriage of: "Games from top college conferences, including SEC, PAC-10, Big 12, Big East and ACC." I don't have BoS so I can't confirm these for you.

Best of Sirius on XM: http://www.xmradio.com/bestofsirius/

#30 OFFLINE   nitty316

nitty316

Legend

• Registered
  • 216 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:26 AM

I finally ditched Sirius and went to XM. I love my MLB on XM. I used to have XM, then switched to Sirius, but when they merged, XM got the better end o the programming.

#31 OFFLINE   sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork

Icon

• Registered
  • 892 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:45 AM

I finally ditched Sirius and went to XM. I love my MLB on XM. I used to have XM, then switched to Sirius, but when they merged, XM got the better end o the programming.

I agreee totally! I've been an XM sub since late '02 and couldn't be happier. I added the Best of Sirrus when it came out, now I get MLB, NFL, Pac 10, and NBA. I just don't like all the price increases and losing online streaming for free.

#32 OFFLINE   I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE

CowboySooner

• Registered
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 03:00 PM

My 5 Sirius subs are coming to an end in Sept. The answer to your question unfortunately is NO. I was going to switch my subs from Sirius to XM so that I can get MLB and still have all of my other sports. After being on the phone with XM forever they confirmed as does the XM schedule that they DO NOT provide both the home and away broadcasts for NFL.
They have you by the balls no matter which way you go. :mad:
Perhaps I Misremembered.

#33 OFFLINE   wesmills

wesmills

Legend

• Registered
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 08:12 PM

My 5 Sirius subs are coming to an end in Sept. The answer to your question unfortunately is NO. I was going to switch my subs from Sirius to XM so that I can get MLB and still have all of my other sports. After being on the phone with XM forever they confirmed as does the XM schedule that they DO NOT provide both the home and away broadcasts for NFL.
They have you by the balls no matter which way you go. :mad:

For the record, MLB on XM is only home feeds and always has been, so getting just home NFL feeds is not unreasonable.

#34 OFFLINE   I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE

CowboySooner

• Registered
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:58 AM

Time to dig up this topic and dust it off for the 2010 season. Who wants to start?
Perhaps I Misremembered.

#35 OFFLINE   big daddy kool

big daddy kool

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 09:10 AM

Me!

Any chance of MLB being broadcast on Sirius?

#36 OFFLINE   I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE

CowboySooner

• Registered
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 09:28 AM

Doesn't look likely.

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting SIRIUS regarding the MLB play-by-play. We are
here to assist you.

Mr. XXXXXX, we need to inform you that SIRIUS has discussed adding MLB
to the package, but at this time, we do not have an agreement to do
this. What we have with SIRIUS is the MLB Home Plate on Channel 210
which has 24/7 Pro Baseball Talk.

We continue to be hopeful that at some point, we will be able to add MLB
to our great line up. Please continue to visit our website for our
current line up, schedules and programming highlights.

We apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you.
Sincerely,

Sharon R
SIRIUS Customer Care
Perhaps I Misremembered.

#37 OFFLINE   big daddy kool

big daddy kool

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:55 PM

Looks like I will just reup with mlb thru the iphone. It would be nice to get on a long drive and listen to a ballgame, but alas....

#38 OFFLINE   max1

max1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 386 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:48 PM

I was thinking about getting the MLB on the I phone. I wanted to know. What is the delay so for example i have e i dont like the tv annoncers for the Cubs but love the radio guys. Is it like a 30 second delay. I was hoping sirius would get mlb but dont think so. Max.

#39 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:32 PM

I really wish Sirius could get MLB for their subs. But MLB is a very hard organization to deal with :(

#40 OFFLINE   I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE

CowboySooner

• Registered
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:56 PM

???
Perhaps I Misremembered.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...