Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Any word on MLB on Sirius?

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   big daddy kool

big daddy kool

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:57 PM

I bought a car in December with XM on it, so I am cancelling Sirius and will get a plug n play unit for the office, so MLB for me!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   paja

paja

Godfather

• Registered
  • 420 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:02 AM

I really wish Sirius could get MLB for their subs. But MLB is a very hard organization to deal with :(

You won't see MLB on Srius unless MLB gets more money.

#43 OFFLINE   churdie

churdie

Legend

• Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:11 PM

if u have a iphone/ipod touch,blackberry etc just get mlb at bat 2011. last year it was 14.99 for the year and u get to listen to alll mlb games no blackouts no antenna etc great buy!

#44 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 29 January 2011 - 06:16 PM

if u have a iphone/ipod touch,blackberry etc just get mlb at bat 2011. last year it was 14.99 for the year and u get to listen to alll mlb games no blackouts no antenna etc great buy!

That's not what MLB.COM says (LINK)

All At Bat 2010 purchasers can access one LIVE game each day of the regular season; those with MLB.TV subscriptions can access a complete schedule of LIVE games (All live games are subject to blackout restrictions, see www.MLB.tv for details). At Bat 2010 delivers one free streaming game each day.

So you have to also add MLB.TV ($25 last year) but you still have blackouts.

#45 OFFLINE   alk3997

alk3997

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:24 PM

I'm looking at a vehicle that only has Sirius as an option. Our dealer talked with a SiriusXM rep that said that Sirius will be using the NBA channels for MLB play-by-play when there wasn't an NBA game.

Any chance of this being true? It sounded suspicious to all of us that MLB would allow the NBA to supersede its programming.

Also I would have expected an announcement from SiriusXM when Sirius radios could play MLB.

I'd just put in an XM after-market radio in place of the Sirius module but then (I assume) the interface to the NavTraffic would be broken, not to mention the warranty.

Andy

#46 OFFLINE   Garyunc

Garyunc

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:22 PM

For the At bat app from MLB, the one "live" game refers to one free live video game per day the and blackout info also refers to video only.

You can listen to all of the games with no blackouts and you get to choose the home or away announcers. For $14.99 you can't beat this deal anywhere. I have it and it is great.
DirecTV customer since 1995

#47 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:57 PM

For the At bat app from MLB, the one "live" game refers to one free live video game per day the and blackout info also refers to video only.

Thanks for the clarification. That certainly makes it more appealing and worthwhile. Now if I can only figure out how to listen to the day games at work.

#48 OFFLINE   Boston_bill

Boston_bill

Icon

• Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:40 AM

You can listen to all of the games with no blackouts and you get to choose the home or away announcers. For $14.99 you can't beat this deal anywhere. I have it and it is great.

It was probably the one app I used the most last year besides facebook LOL

#49 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 833 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:00 PM

MLB at bat is great, especially with MLB.tv, which is also very worth the money (way better than Extra Innings on D* IMO). At bat has all home and away radio feeds which is what Sirius XM should have. I'm probly gonna switch to XM eventually so I can get a MiRGE but not until my current Sirius subscription is done at the end of this year.

#50 OFFLINE   jappleboy

jappleboy

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:44 PM

As i understand it there is still a contract tell 2012 with sirius with MLB i know the same company:confused:Not the way MLB see it. And you better hurry the Mirge radios are know longer being made so you better jump on it.And on Mlb,tv and Directv extra innings, Mlb,tv is cheaper but you are wrong the PQ is in know ways better than Directv HD PQ, YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET.:D

#51 OFFLINE   I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE

CowboySooner

• Registered
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationNorthern plains

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:22 PM

So is there another interoperable radio to replace the Mirge?
Perhaps I Misremembered.

#52 OFFLINE   paja

paja

Godfather

• Registered
  • 420 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 09:53 PM

So is there another interoperable radio to replace the Mirge?

NO

#53 OFFLINE   I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE

CowboySooner

• Registered
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:19 AM

Well, That pretty much does it. I will not be renewing my 5 subs. I have several internet radios and will be using them plus I subscribed to MLB.tv and the Atbat app.
Between the no MLB and having to listen to replays of World Cup Skiing on Sporting News Radio I just can't do it anymore.
Perhaps I Misremembered.

#54 OFFLINE   I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE

CowboySooner

• Registered
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

OK. I lied. I renewed my subs at the $77.00 rate. Now damn it I want MLB play-by-play on the Sirius side.
Perhaps I Misremembered.

#55 OFFLINE   koji68

koji68

Icon

• Registered
  • 622 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:26 AM

If by "Sirius XM will be gone" you mean the current corporation, you could be right (depending on how the future financing works out). Sirius XM, the *service* isn't going anywhere. They have satellites, ground stations, content contracts and 20 million customers giving them basically $20M A MONTH. A bankruptcy would hose the shareholders and bondholders but the satellites would continue to operate under the auspices of whomever would buy the assets.

Exactly. That's what happened with Iridium, the satellite phone company.

The original company went bankrupt and 6 billions dollars worth of satellite infrastructure were bought by new investors, including the US government, for tens of millions of dollars.

The original investors got a raw deal but the service is still available years later.

http://www.davidvern...lite_story.html
Put me down! Put me down! Come on put me down!

Kiva.org

#56 OFFLINE   HDJulie

HDJulie

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 856 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

OK. I lied. I renewed my subs at the $77.00 rate. Now damn it I want MLB play-by-play on the Sirius side.

So I guess that still isn't available :-). I'm looking for an option for my mother -- is MLB At Bat on the iPad essentially the same thing?

#57 OFFLINE   Pete K.

Pete K.

Icon

• Registered
  • 776 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

MLB At Bat is great, you get all of the radio broadcasts (both home & away), plus selected TV broadcasts, stats and more. XM does not offer both home & away feeds for regular season games, so At Bat beats XM in that regard. At Bat is free with a subscription to MLB.TV Premium or $14.99 w/o.

Edited by Pete K., 02 April 2012 - 02:51 PM.

#58 OFFLINE   lmac

lmac

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:21 AM

Has anyone had a problem like this?
I was a member of the class action suit re XMS. I dropped the service before the suit began. I was awarded one month free, which I used.

I only use the service at my cabin. which is in the middle of nowhere, WV.

Recently I tried to renew the service and was told that my account had been turned over to a collection agency. I would have to deal with them before I could renew.

I thought that was what the suit was about, re over billing and charges made with no merit. I haven't called the collection agency as yet. I was hoping someone else has had this issue and could offer some advice.

Thanks....lmac

#59 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

http://www.siriusxm.com/mlbschedule

Now available on Sirius !

#60 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

Is it only available in Sirius Internet? And if so, how much extra is that?

spam firewall