Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Any word on MLB on Sirius?

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

Is it only available in Sirius Internet? And if so, how much extra is that?

It's available on any platform...Sirius, XM, Internet, mobile device...comes with your subscription. No extra charge

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,242 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

I'm confused. When I click on your link and click on "Sirius" for my platform, it only lists the games on Sirius Internet (and for all games listed through 4/16/12). No Sirius channels listed. When I click on the "add SiriusXM internet" link, it says get it and the first 7 days are free.
If I click on the SiriusXM as my platform, it lists the channels plus the internet channels. Of course it has the annotation "Please note, the only SiriusXM radios currently available are the Lynx and Edge radios." So if you don't have one of those, it seems your only Sirius option is the internet?
What am I missing or is their web site wrong?

#63 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:25 AM

I'm confused. When I click on your link and click on "Sirius" for my platform, it only lists the games on Sirius Internet (and for all games listed through 4/16/12). No Sirius channels listed. When I click on the "add SiriusXM internet" link, it says get it and the first 7 days are free.
If I click on the SiriusXM as my platform, it lists the channels plus the internet channels. Of course it has the annotation "Please note, the only SiriusXM radios currently available are the Lynx and Edge radios." So if you don't have one of those, it seems your only Sirius option is the internet?
What am I missing or is their web site wrong?

Looks like you are correct. That's disappointing for people like me who have Sirius built into the head unit.

#64 ONLINE   I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE

CowboySooner

• Registered
  • 1,113 posts
  • LocationNorthern plains

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:10 AM

Yea. Fine if you are at home. I appreciate that they have made it available. Does not work too well in the vehicle however. :(
Perhaps I Misremembered.

#65 OFFLINE   camo

camo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 471 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:45 AM

I won't sub to my Sirius unit in my Ford because it doesn't offer the MLB games. I have a portable XM radio I plug in and use line sync, works but not near as clean looking. As long as Sirius doesn't carry over satellite MLB games I'll never be a subscriber.

2-HR24-500
SWM Slimline Dish, MRV Ethernet, media share
70" Sharp AQUOS LC70LE640U
55"LG LH90, 47"JVC LCD's 32" Vizio plasma.
Onkyo SR876 SR receiver

#66 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:25 AM

My reciever downloaded a bunch of channels in the 200 range labled "Sporting Event". Maybe something is going to show up soon?

#67 OFFLINE   nrs

nrs

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

I'm just annoyed I have to purchase the same content, multiple times, to listen to it wherever I want.

In years past I paid $20 for Game-Day Audio to listen on my computer, another $15 for the iOS app to listen on my mobile device and my reg XM sub to listen in the car. This year I decided not to listen on my computer and just use the app and my XM.

#68 ONLINE   I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE

CowboySooner

• Registered
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:52 AM

I listen mainly to sports. Sirius has no MLB play by play. XM does not have home and away NFL and College sports. Sirius does not have Fox Sports Radio. XM has part time Yahoo Sports Radio.
They are basically forcing me to have dual subs and they really don't have much to choose from relative to equipment to do both in your vehicle and home.
I have 5 subs. 4 Sirius and 1 XM.
Perhaps I Misremembered.

#69 ONLINE   I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE

CowboySooner

• Registered
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:58 PM

Word. http://www.reuters.c...N0GK0MH20130819
Perhaps I Misremembered.

#70 ONLINE   I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE

CowboySooner

• Registered
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:23 AM

Good News, Good News

Perhaps I Misremembered.

#71 OFFLINE   shg

shg

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:17 PM

It is now available in "all access" pkge.  I updated and got 6 months free on entire new subscription.

#72 OFFLINE   Sandra

Sandra

Legend

• Registered
  • 273 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:05 AM

This is my first baseball season with SiriusXM.

Are all MLB games available on the radio, similar to the NHL and NBA?  According to the website it seems as if some games are internet only.  Is that correct?  TIA

Sandra

Edited by Sandra, 04 April 2014 - 10:06 AM.

#73 OFFLINE   gpg

gpg

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,700 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:16 AM

This is my first baseball season with SiriusXM.

Are all MLB games available on the radio, similar to the NHL and NBA?  According to the website it seems as if some games are internet only.  Is that correct?  TIA

Sandra

AFAIK, the only home team's broadcast is available on the radio! and usually both teams' broadcasts are available online. There may be some exceptions, e.g., I'm not sure if the Toronto feed is available on a regular basis.
HR24-200,HR23-700,HR21-200, HR21-100, HR34-700,
Sony KDS-R50XBR1,HDMI, LG 37LH40,HDMI Vizio 390-A1,HDMI,Sony KDL-40NX711, HDMI, Vizio VO320E, HDMI, SWM16 with DECA,
Sony STR-DG1000 AV Receiver optical cable connection for HR24-200, GenieGo

spam firewall