Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

strike zone ch ???

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   dtv757

dtv757

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 757 posts
  • Location757

Posted 11 April 2009 - 06:17 AM

its still showing up on D* .com for next week

http://www.directv.c...&h=18&tz=e&sm=1

wonder when they will remove it from the program guide... :mad::mad:

DIRECTV customer since SEPT 2000 (1) Genie (2) Genie Mini's (1) HR22-100 (1) HR23-700 all networked, total 10 live tunners!!-------------
SAYING NO TO CABLE .. PRICELESS
There’s good TV there’s better TV and than there’s DIRECTV (the undisputed sports & HD leader in TV)
NOTE: my comments are my own personal options and in no way shape or form represent my employer

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   ziggy29

ziggy29

Icon

• Registered
  • 691 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio DMA

Posted 18 April 2009 - 12:23 PM

SZC was way better than what MLBN is doing. And that's even before factoring in the lack of commercials on SZC. The MLBN "replacement" has been a disappointment so far.

#23 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 01:38 PM

SZC was way better than what MLBN is doing. And that's even before factoring in the lack of commercials on SZC. The MLBN "replacement" has been a disappointment so far.

The replacement is also free, and available to subscribers outside of DirecTV.

#24 OFFLINE   dtv757

dtv757

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 757 posts
  • Location757

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:33 AM

just because its FREE does not mean D* had to discontinue it.

HOTPASS is free now (no subscription needed) and D* still offers that:mad::mad:

why can't D* offer the SZC channel??? just because D* does not charge for SUPPERFAN any more they should still continue the SZC. THEY CONTINUED THE MLB MIX channel:mad::mad::mad:

DIRECTV customer since SEPT 2000 (1) Genie (2) Genie Mini's (1) HR22-100 (1) HR23-700 all networked, total 10 live tunners!!-------------
SAYING NO TO CABLE .. PRICELESS
There’s good TV there’s better TV and than there’s DIRECTV (the undisputed sports & HD leader in TV)
NOTE: my comments are my own personal options and in no way shape or form represent my employer

#25 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:53 AM

why can't D* offer the SZC channel???

Maybe MLB won't let them? Maybe they decided that since MLBN is doing their own version, it isn't worth the cost to do it themselves?

#26 OFFLINE   pbg

pbg

Godfather

• Registered
  • 435 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:28 PM

Yes I guess that's what I get for braging about D* and telling ppl how much better it was and my main pitch was to tell the ppl about the szc ch and how they should get it over cable, guess not o well my fault.

What a terrible situation Direct put you in, embarrassing you in front of your 20 cable buddies like that. I understand you were under a lot of pressure to deliver, but I wonder what their reaction would have been if you would have scrolled down a bit on the remote and showed the cable posse' what Direct has to offer with MLB Extra Innings as compared to their cable offering, even without the SZC?

I'm thinking maybe they would have been impressed with the dual feeds and number of HD games Direct provides in comparison to their crappy cable offerings. - I don't know your buddies, but I'm betting that somehow they would have found it in their heart to forgive you and Direct for not providing the SZC this year, while being very impressed with what they saw. I'm also guessing you wouldn't have sent them home disappointed.

The point being, even with out the SZC, which we all new wasn't happening this year, the Direct MLB Extra Innings is hands down, without a doubt, the best, with no comparison, Extra Innings package available.

With Direct, we all know sometimes the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. Complaining about something you knew wasn't happening is petty. Trust me, your cable buddies are jealous.

#27 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:49 PM

DirecTV, not Direct.

#28 OFFLINE   DonCorleone

DonCorleone

Icon

• Registered
  • 869 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:34 AM

I thought the stats/standings feature with the red button was just broken on my receiver. Are you saying they dumped that this year, too?? What a load!! Come one!!
DirecTV since 2001, NFLST, EI, and as of 2/8/07, new AU-9 with 2 HR20-700S (1 HDMI, 1 component/RCA), 6X8 multiswitch, and Samsung LNS3252D 32" LCD...eSata Seagate 750GB...12/30/07 new HR20-700S component connected to Phillips 42PFL5332D 42" LCD and HDMI to a little 20" Dynex LCD

#29 OFFLINE   d max82

d max82

Godfather

• Registered
  • 306 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:49 AM

I thought the stats/standings feature with the red button was just broken on my receiver. Are you saying they dumped that this year, too?? What a load!! Come one!!

I really miss that feature too :mad:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...