Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mlb extra innings schedule on dtv is not all correct!!!!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sunfire9us

sunfire9us

Godfather

• Registered
  • 370 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:24 PM

I am letting all you know after getting very pissed off tonight know that I guess after all all of us SD PADRES fans appear to be screwed!!! ON DTV's website it said there was supposed to be the Padres/Dodger game on channels 735 (Dodger) and 736 (obviously would have been channel 4) but when I looked at my tv guide on the dvr it had 736 listed for the Cub's Tues game!!!! NO PADRES TELECAST LIKE IT SAID WOULD BE!!! And the SAME thing is going to happen TUES as well!!!! According to the schedule, it says Tues games are supposed to be on channels 734 (Dodger feed) and 735 and once again another damned cub game shows up on the dvr tv guide for channel 735!!! Guess it was too good to keep getting the Channel 4 games from Cox cable!!! Im so damned mad now! I bet you Phillie fans might run into the same problem as well with the Comcast games if Cox got away taking away the Padres games

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ekravitz

ekravitz

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 05:21 AM

no comcast, cox4 and tsn feeds so far this year. they must need to re-sign a deal with directv first.

#3 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,826 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 07 April 2009 - 05:46 AM

Can you just watch the other teams feed?
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#4 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 438 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:21 AM

or......instead of contractual issues, it is the usual ill prepared for the opening of another sports season. I have subbed since '96. It seems Directv doesn't get ready for seasons until they are upon them. Same goes for NHL. Every season, screw ups, lost feeds, cutting off during games, bad on line and guide schedule, missing feeds and so forth. In a strange way, I hope it is the same as usual. Therefore, it is fixable in a short time period. Contract issues scare me. Especially, since Malone obviously is getting ready for the spinning of D* off and has put a hold on new contracts.

#5 OFFLINE   mikeinthekeys

mikeinthekeys

Godfather

• Registered
  • 360 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:53 AM

I know this isn't a perfect solution but I used it successfully for years before the dual feeds appeared: MLB Gameday Audio is $15 for the year. Because the audio takes longer to get to you, you can watch the Dodger TV feed and listen to the Padres radio feed. It is fairly easy to sync them up (many others on this forum have reported doing this). The Cox thing may be fixed later on... who knows. Although, as a Dodger fan I can't imagine why you wouldn't want to listen to Vinnie!! LOL!
Working hard every day to stay retired!:
D* since 1994 Setup:
Den - H21-200 Sony 34XBR910
LR - HR24-200 Vivitek proj, Vizio SV420SVT
BR - H20 Olevia 26"

#6 OFFLINE   sunfire9us

sunfire9us

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 370 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:29 AM

Yeah I was talking to Directv earlier on this trying to ask them if they lost the Cox telecasts. So far at the min it looks like all of us Padres fans are screwed for now. I could only guess that the Phillie fans would find themselves in the same boat with Comcast. Just wrote a very long email to the Padres jumping on them about their sorry contract deal with Cox cable. I can't wait two years from now when that is over. The good news is Cox has done already said they are not interested in another contract with the Padres so hopefully later there will be a rsn that will carry the Padres and Chargers later on. Im so mad now over this!

#7 OFFLINE   sunfire9us

sunfire9us

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 370 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:32 AM

Most people prefer when possible to watch their own team's telecasts when possible. Not like a Cub fan would rather watch the Cubs playing the Cards and having to listen to a Card announcer talking nothing but Card stuff

#8 OFFLINE   vansmack

vansmack

Godfather

• Registered
  • 462 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:53 AM

While I can see this being a problem to some, I don't believe it's a problem worthy of 25 exclamation points.

#9 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,211 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:16 AM

Monday's Dodgers and Angels games were both televised by Extra Innings as well as the local Fox outlets in the LA area.
The HD sports mix channel is awesome when most of the eight teams are in action!

(24 less explanation points than the original post)
Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

#10 OFFLINE   Jestr40

Jestr40

Godfather

• Registered
  • 290 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:51 AM

Same thing happened last year, SD4 was added about a week into the season. So far no reason to freak...so far.

#11 OFFLINE   paco1986

paco1986

Icon

• Registered
  • 574 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:12 PM

Same thing happened last year, SD4 was added about a week into the season. So far no reason to freak...so far.

Have to agree with you. I am guessing it is more a technical issue rather than a contractual one. The deal with 4SD was signed last year. It stipulated that Directv would be allowed to carry the 4SD feed on MLB EI, and in exchange, Directv would allow Cox Cable to carry the MLB EI package. I believe it is a 5-year deal, and not a 1-year thing.

So it is just a matter of time before we get the 4SD feed (just like last year). Well, at least I hope so!

#12 OFFLINE   sunfire9us

sunfire9us

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 370 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:34 PM

OK that could be the reason then why DTV does still show a double listing on the Padres games. I hope you're right when you said it happened last year. maybe you're right and it shows up next week.

#13 OFFLINE   sunfire9us

sunfire9us

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 370 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:37 PM

Thats exactly what I thought. I understood Cox,Comcast and DTV traded chips with each other. DTV was going to sign an exclusive contract on MLB EX Innings and the cable companies that own iN Demand who carries the sports tickets on cable (iNDemand is also owned by Cox,TW,and Comcast) by allowing DTV access to the Ch4 games and the Comcast Philly games, DTV allowed InDemand to also have distribution rights to MLB Extra Innings on their respective cable systems. And like you said this was supposed to be a new contract that should still be in effect. So those games I understood were still supposed to be there

Edited by sunfire9us, 07 April 2009 - 02:58 PM.

#14 OFFLINE   asrabbit91

asrabbit91

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:03 PM

Last year the Cox games were on from the get go, as I remember watching the Astros and Padres on opening day last year on the Cox feed.

#15 OFFLINE   paco1986

paco1986

Icon

• Registered
  • 574 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:37 PM

Last year the Cox games were on from the get go, as I remember watching the Astros and Padres on opening day last year on the Cox feed.

Actually the first 4SD feed that showed up on MLB EI was the last game of that 3-game opening series at Petco Park.

I remember that night very well because I was so excited to finally see the 4SD feed (and in HD!!) on MLB EI!

#16 OFFLINE   teebeebee1

teebeebee1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 04:24 PM

Actually the first 4SD feed that showed up on MLB EI was the last game of that 3-game opening series at Petco Park.

I remember that night very well because I was so excited to finally see the 4SD feed (and in HD!!) on MLB EI!

Very true, i watched the first two games in awesome Low Def as Berkman hammered Hoffman!

spam firewall