Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Any Bets On C-SPAN 3 Coming To Dish Network

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Chihuahua

Chihuahua

Legend

• Registered
  • 178 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:45 AM

With C-SPAN 2 moving from Channel 212 to Channel 211, is there a chance that Dish Network will be adding C-SPAN 3?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Dave Batista

Dave Batista

Duplicate User (Account Closed)

• Banned User
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:13 AM

With C-SPAN 2 moving from Channel 212 to Channel 211, is there a chance that Dish Network will be adding C-SPAN 3?

My Son, questions like this are only answered in time. You see as an old wise man once said, time is of the essence.

#3 OFFLINE   homeskillet

homeskillet

Icon

• Registered
  • 506 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:28 AM

In a related note, the C-Span Networks are making a switch to Digital... and eventually... HD programming for all 3 channels.

http://www.foxbusine...ital-broadcast/

#4 OFFLINE   nmetro

nmetro

Godfather

• Registered
  • 603 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:21 PM

DISH added the extra channel so they could stream their "No Satellite TAX" message alternating between channels 212 and 211. As fro adding CSPAN-3, they may do so to stay within the law for having X amount of Public Interest channels.

As for HD views of the House and Senate, well, there are a number of entertainment channels, local PBS and non-PBS stations that are at the head of the line.

FYI, DBStalk is moderated, so please keep any political comments out of this blog. The moderators will remove the messages.

#5 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,095 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:39 PM

I'll bet a shopping channel will be there. However I would like to see BBC WORLD or CNNI in that slot. I know I'm dreaming.:lol::lol:

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#6 OFFLINE   rnbmusicfan

rnbmusicfan

Legend

• Registered
  • 154 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:40 PM

I think there was a stipulation that after two from one owner, the third public interest channel from the same owner wouldn't qualify towards a satellite provider's public interest carriage. That's not to say Dish or DirecTV can't just carry it, and include it into the packages. The channel itself is free of programming cost. But the sat providers just don't think it has enough appeal of its own to be included, or take up a CONUS channel spot, apparently.

Edited by rnbmusicfan, 07 April 2009 - 12:48 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   Chihuahua

Chihuahua

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 178 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 04:39 PM

I'll bet a shopping channel will be there. However I would like to see BBC WORLD or CNNI in that slot. I know I'm dreaming.:lol::lol:

Maybe BBC World News or CNNI may get that channel slot instead.

#8 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 05:37 PM

In a related note, the C-Span Networks are making a switch to Digital... and eventually... HD programming for all 3 channels.

http://www.foxbusine...ital-broadcast/

:eek2: CSPAN in HD!?! This reminds me of an old SCTV skit form the 80's called "Tip O'Neil's 3-D House of Representatives".
An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#9 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,095 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:25 AM

Maybe BBC World News or CNNI may get that channel slot instead.

I had CNNI on U-verse and it was eye opening. Write ceo@echostar and demand CNI.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#10 OFFLINE   Adam Richey

Adam Richey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationKokomo, IN

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:14 AM

Does anybody besides me want ABC News Now? I think it would be a great service. I would just love SOME alternative to the ones available now and plenty are out there.
Anybody else wonder just how horrible WWE's "wrestling" is gonna get?

spam firewall