Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Nashville NBC, WSMV anchor Dan Miller died

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   xmguy

xmguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:51 AM

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Longtime WSMV-TV anchor Dan Miller died Wednesday night of a heart attack in his hometown of Augusta, Ga. at the age of 67.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Dan Miller, one of Nashville's legendary television broadcasters, died of an apparent heart attack Wednesday while visiting family in Augusta, Georgia, according to family.

Accorsding to WSMV, Miller was in Augusta for the Masters Golf Tournament.

The Emmy Award winning journalist had been a fixture at WSMV-TV Channel 4, since 1969.

After spending 16 years as primary news anchor and seven years hosting the enormously popular "Miller & Company" talk show, Dan left in 1986 to become principal anchor at KCBS in Los Angeles.

After returning to Nashville in 1992, Dan resurrected his talk show "Miller & Company" on The Nashville Network.

Prior to Nashville and Los Angeles, Dan worked at stations in his hometown of Augusta, Georgia, and in Columbia, SC.

Dan is survived by his wife, Karen, and has four children and two grandchildren.

Story link
http://www.wsmv.com/...962/detail.html

Video:
http://mfile.akamai....136339.200k.asx

Edited by xmguy, 09 April 2009 - 07:57 AM.

DirecTV Subscriber Since 3/24/2008 || HR44-500 - SWiM and DECA to Vizio 32" LCD 1080P HDTV (SV320XVT) via HDMI | MY SETUP IN DETAIL UPDATED 3/21/2012 (Q1 2013 | I'm On FACEBOOK! "Originally Posted by xmguy : OK. I need directions. (to Sixto's house) Lol ;) | Originally Posted by Sea bass : Head down to 99c, skip over to 103ca, next over to 103cb and you have arrived.:)":hurah:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   durl

durl

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:58 AM

Wow. Sad news. My prayers go out to his family.

#3 OFFLINE   xmguy

xmguy

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:01 AM

Wow. Sad news. My prayers go out to his family.

Agreed. I'm 24 and have watched WSMV for those years. Gotten used to seeing Dan Miller. It's like loosing family.
DirecTV Subscriber Since 3/24/2008 || HR44-500 - SWiM and DECA to Vizio 32" LCD 1080P HDTV (SV320XVT) via HDMI | MY SETUP IN DETAIL UPDATED 3/21/2012 (Q1 2013 | I'm On FACEBOOK! "Originally Posted by xmguy : OK. I need directions. (to Sixto's house) Lol ;) | Originally Posted by Sea bass : Head down to 99c, skip over to 103ca, next over to 103cb and you have arrived.:)":hurah:

#4 OFFLINE   Steve615

Steve615

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN area

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:35 AM

Sad news indeed. :(
I remember watching him on channel 4 when I was growing up in the '70's.
He was without a doubt a "fixture" in regards to Nashville's local news.
R.I.P. Dan,you will be missed.

Steve

#5 OFFLINE   LameLefty

LameLefty

I used to be a rocket scientist

• Registered
  • 12,100 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:38 AM

Well, damn! :( That's really sad news. He will be missed on the air around here.

R.I.P.

"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"
Directv since 1997
Will Work for Beer

#6 OFFLINE   Steve615

Steve615

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN area

Posted 09 April 2009 - 05:25 PM

As expected,WSMV is giving Dan alot of their airtime during the local newscasts this evening.
He deserves it.

Steve

#7 OFFLINE   xmguy

xmguy

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 05:33 PM

As expected,WSMV is giving Dan alot of their airtime during the local newscasts this evening.
He deserves it.

I agree. Demetria is really taking it hard.I hope they make a complete retrospective that's aired all at once. I'd like to record and keep it.

For those that don't or can't see wsmv tv where you are they're streaming online.

http://mfile.akamai....ector:52525.asx

They back the screen during commercials.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...