Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Need new radio

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   shedberg

shedberg

Icon

• Registered
  • 522 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:36 PM

Hi All:
I have just had my second radio go dead in about 4 years. I contacted Sirius and they have agreed to waive the transfer since I am on a lifetime subscription. Anyway, I have two cars now with built in radios and will likely use this next one in the house and on my boat. The one that died recently on me is a Stratus so I am not keen on getting another one of those. I'm considering a starmate 5 but thought I'd get suggestions and opinions here before buying. I am only interested in Sirius radios.

Thanks for the help!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   xmguy

xmguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:41 PM

I'd get a Stiletto 2. (I had the 1, fairly good unit.)
DirecTV Subscriber Since 3/24/2008 || HR44-500 - SWiM and DECA to Vizio 32" LCD 1080P HDTV (SV320XVT) via HDMI | MY SETUP IN DETAIL UPDATED 3/21/2012 (Q1 2013 | I'm On FACEBOOK! "Originally Posted by xmguy : OK. I need directions. (to Sixto's house) Lol ;) | Originally Posted by Sea bass : Head down to 99c, skip over to 103ca, next over to 103cb and you have arrived.:)":hurah:

#3 OFFLINE   shedberg

shedberg

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 522 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:39 AM

Thanks XMguy. I'm not sure about the Stiletto due to cost and probably won't use all of the features. Looking more for a dock and play type radio.

How are the FM transmitters now? I have heard they aren't very good. Anyone have any opinions?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...