Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NESN picture problems during Bruins/Sox overlapping broadcasts.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   KevinC

KevinC

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 03:38 PM

Is anyone else having problems with pixelation or freezing on channel 628 during the Bruins games while the Sox are being broadcast on 629, NESN plus?

I can watch the Bruins on 628 in SD with no problems, and there are no other HD channels that are affected. :confused:

I was thinking that it may be a bandwidth issue, but I'm not ruling out that my DVR may be at fault. DTV is sending me a new HDDVR, but tonight the Bruins are on and the Red Sox are not, so I bet it doesn't happen.

Am I fishing???

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   twistedT

twistedT

Icon

• Registered
  • 778 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:10 PM

Nope no problem here.... once they accidently put the Red Sox on for a few seconds but that's about it. :)

#3 OFFLINE   KevinC

KevinC

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:30 PM

This lasted through the end of the game and into the post game show, but NO OTHER CHANNELS were like this!!

#4 OFFLINE   egould

egould

AllStar

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:22 AM

Kevin, I've been getting both the NESN and NESN + channels in HD just fine. Odd that you had a problem last night when there was no overlap...

#5 OFFLINE   KevinC

KevinC

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:36 AM

Kevin, I've been getting both the NESN and NESN + channels in HD just fine. Odd that you had a problem last night when there was no overlap...

That's exactly what I was thinking. Maybe there is a bad sector of the HD? Either way, the new DVR should be here today.

Did you like the picture quality??

#6 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:45 PM

Kevin, I've been getting both the NESN and NESN + channels in HD just fine

Yep, same here. No problems -- and I have caught all games on both NESN and NESN+ HD recently.

HR23-700 --> Samsung UN65F6350AF LCD
HR23-700 --> JVC JLC47BC3002 LCD
H24-200 -->
Panasonic TH-50PX60U plasma

#7 OFFLINE   redsoxfan26

redsoxfan26

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 385 posts
  • LocationWest Warwick, RI

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:53 AM

No problems here. We'll see what happens tonight.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...