Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Red Wings - Blue Jackets not televised for Ohio

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JDubbs413

JDubbs413

Icon

• Registered
  • 877 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:32 AM

I was looking for the game in the guide to see what channel it is on and alas it isn't on any except for FSN Detroit. I looked on the Blue Jacket's page and it said FSN Ohio. However, the Cavaliers are being televised on FSN Ohio at 8:05. No mention of the Blue Jackets game.

Does this mean we won't be able to watch the game in Ohio?

You would think FSN Ohio would show the Blue Jackets game since TNT is showing the Cavaliers game also...

EDIT

I noticed the game will be televised on 680 and 680-1 RSN Alt. Hopefully that is the alternate FSN Ohio feed although I am not holding my breath.

Edited by JDubbs413, 21 April 2009 - 07:51 AM.

5-LNB Slimline Dish
1 Zinwell WB68
1 HR20-700
1 R22-200
1 R15-500
1 D11-500

1 Slingbox Solo

Proud DirecTV Subscriber Since September 5, 2007.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   carnage

carnage

Mentor

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:27 PM

According to Fox Sports Ohio, the alternate channels you mention should be showing the Blue Jackets game. http://msn.foxsports.com/ohio

#3 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:50 PM

Yep, you should get it on the ALT channel. Last couple years we got Wings games on the FS Detroit ALT channel if the main one carried Pistons or Tigers. This year it's called FS+ and it's a separate channel. But it's the same thing, when one of the teams gets bumped to the FS+ it will show up in the guide a day or so before being broadcast. It's not in HD though.

So if you have an ALT channel in the guide then you should be good to go in terms of watching the game. Probably won't be in HD however.

#4 OFFLINE   JDubbs413

JDubbs413

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 877 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:16 PM

Okay cool. Thanks guys.
5-LNB Slimline Dish
1 Zinwell WB68
1 HR20-700
1 R22-200
1 R15-500
1 D11-500

1 Slingbox Solo

Proud DirecTV Subscriber Since September 5, 2007.

#5 OFFLINE   rposly

rposly

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:47 PM

Does anyone know if this game will be blacked out for those of us not in the Detroit or Columbus markets? I get FSD via the Sports Pack, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it'll be blacked out. It was on Saturday, but that was fine because the NHL Network aired it, too.

I understand when regular season games are blacked out, because DirecTV and the NHL want you to subscribe to the Center Ice package. But Center Ice doesn't air playoff games (as far as I know), so there's really no other way to watch the game than on FSD.

#6 OFFLINE   lokar

lokar

Icon

• Registered
  • 669 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:02 PM

I understand when regular season games are blacked out, because DirecTV and the NHL want you to subscribe to the Center Ice package. But Center Ice doesn't air playoff games (as far as I know), so there's really no other way to watch the game than on FSD.

Center Ice airs and guarantees all playoff games that aren't on a national network (Versus or NHL Network). It doesn't guarantee they will all be in HD though.

#7 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:56 PM

Does anyone know if this game will be blacked out for those of us not in the Detroit or Columbus markets? I get FSD via the Sports Pack, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it'll be blacked out. It was on Saturday, but that was fine because the NHL Network aired it, too.

It should be blacked out. Center Ice does show playoff games, at least the first 2 rounds. So if you are outside the Wings/Jackets market the only way to see the game is via Center Ice (or if it's picked up by Versus or NHL Network).

Protected By... spam firewall...And...