Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Wireless Internet Radio

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   VaJim

VaJim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 648 posts
  • LocationVirginia beach va

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:55 PM

...anybody try one? I recently bought a Grace Wireless Internet Radio (ITC-IR-1000). It's great! If you enjoy listening to Sirius in the house but hate the antenna hassel, then this is for you. Not to mention the 1000's of FREE internet radio stations from all over the world.:hurah:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   homeskillet

homeskillet

Icon

• Registered
  • 506 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:46 PM

I have one as my bedside radio. I usually fall asleep to it on Sirius. I turn on the 3 hour sleep timer so it doesn't run all night wasting bandwidth.

#3 OFFLINE   Bohica

Bohica

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:02 PM

I use the Squeezebox Boom from Logitech. Works great with my Sirius, and also streams from my MP3 collection on my computer. I love it.

#4 OFFLINE   VaJim

VaJim

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 648 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 07:07 AM

I use the Squeezebox Boom from Logitech. Works great with my Sirius, and also streams from my MP3 collection on my computer. I love it.

Thanks

I was wondering if there were other types (besides Grace) of radios available. I love being able to listen to Sirius and Internet radio away from my PC.:)

#5 OFFLINE   I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE

CowboySooner

• Registered
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationNorthern plains

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:56 AM

Do you only get the 4 sports channels when streaming to this like the on line listening or do you get ALL of the siriusXM channels?
Perhaps I Misremembered.

#6 OFFLINE   VaJim

VaJim

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 648 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:10 PM

Do you only get the 4 sports channels when streaming to this like the on line listening or do you get ALL of the siriusXM channels?

..I'm not sure. My guess is that you can get everything you can as though you were streaming it from the Sirius website.

#7 OFFLINE   wipeout

wipeout

Icon

• Registered
  • 509 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 06:09 AM

Anything like that on the market For $100 or less?

#8 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 04:50 PM

How does that work? I have wanted a home radio for Sirius XM, but as mentioned didn't like the antenna hassel.

#9 OFFLINE   VaJim

VaJim

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 648 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:11 AM

How does that work? I have wanted a home radio for Sirius XM, but as mentioned didn't like the antenna hassel.

...basically the radio (Grace/SqueezeBox) uses your home wireless router to access the Internet. From there you logon to your Sirius account just like you were on your PC. For Sirius you will need to upgrade or add the premium online listening. I think it was an extra $2-$3. The other part is that it also opens you up to all the stations (Commerical) that currently stream their broadcast on the Internet. Now you can listen to that radio station in your home town if you happen to live in a different part of the country. Great for sports because someone/somewhere is ususally broadcasting the game you want. Nothing that you can't already do with a PC, but you have more freedom, i.e. bedside, outdoors, garage, etc. The Sirius antenna for indoor listening is a thing of the past. From what I've seen most of these radios start at about $150. Check out Grace Digitial or the Squeezebox. There are a few more that seem to be more popular in Europe.

Edited by VaJim, 13 May 2009 - 06:48 PM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...