Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Directv Distant locals programming on/off

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CivicBeater

CivicBeater

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:36 AM

I have a a couple remote properties on the east coast that both have distant locals and have been experiencing similar issues.

On all the local feeds at random times the channels will revert to "channel not purchased" However, then an hour or so later the programming will kick back on. This is happening on several receivers at different times. Appears to be something with the distant local feed/directv's programming. Can anyone shed any light? Both of these properties are currently activated for distant locals as they're very remote.

Let me know what you guys think

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mertzen

Mertzen

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:42 AM

As remote as they are, are proper locals offered for these areas?
No longer doing DBS work, but missing every moment of it.

#3 OFFLINE   CivicBeater

CivicBeater

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:42 AM

As remote as they are, are proper locals offered for these areas?

no proper locals available.

#4 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:32 AM

if the time between visits to these locations is very long, many of the receivers will lose authorization, which explains why it corrects itself after being on for a period of time.

#5 OFFLINE   CivicBeater

CivicBeater

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:12 AM

if the time between visits to these locations is very long, many of the receivers will lose authorization, which explains why it corrects itself after being on for a period of time.

These are all located in headends on commerical properties where the channels are playing 24/7

#6 OFFLINE   Retro

Retro

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:00 PM

I've had somewhat of a similar issue at times, when i check...

Currently i have no locals via satellite, so i get most channels OTA, but i still get the SD version of ABC and FOX...

Occasionally when i check, as in a couple of weeks ago i checked CBS, they will be on for a few hours then go off.. I was having trouble getting CBS OTA while the station when through some channels so i was just checking to see if the Distants would come in and they did for at least a few hours during prime time on monday nights, but went off sometime after 10pm cst.

Didn't check every night and was sometimes SD Only and sometimes HD and SD version..

#7 OFFLINE   CivicBeater

CivicBeater

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:30 PM

I've had somewhat of a similar issue at times, when i check...

Currently i have no locals via satellite, so i get most channels OTA, but i still get the SD version of ABC and FOX...

Occasionally when i check, as in a couple of weeks ago i checked CBS, they will be on for a few hours then go off.. I was having trouble getting CBS OTA while the station when through some channels so i was just checking to see if the Distants would come in and they did for at least a few hours during prime time on monday nights, but went off sometime after 10pm cst.

Didn't check every night and was sometimes SD Only and sometimes HD and SD version..

Interesting, so your distant locals went off...When they did in fact "go off" what did they do? Revert to "channel not purchased?"

#8 OFFLINE   CivicBeater

CivicBeater

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:39 AM

Fox went off again last night. Right at 8pm like clock work. Around 10:30pm it popped back on.

#9 OFFLINE   CivicBeater

CivicBeater

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:58 AM

Well as of this mornign Directv states this is a known issue and they're currently working on it. Should be fixed today and not happen again.

spam firewall