Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Prisoner

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,541 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:10 PM

As many know and have discussed in passing on other threads, AMC is sponsoring a remake of "The Prisoner". Discussion has always included the original 1967-68 UK series with Patrick McGoohan which appeared on CBS as a 1968 summer replacement. Much to my surprise, AMC now has all 17 episodes of the original series available for streaming on its web site.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Steve615

Steve615

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,480 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN area

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:58 PM

From Variety:

The Prisoner will premiere on AMC 11/15/09.

It is currently slated to air on three consecutive nights,from 8-10PM ET.

http://www.variety.c...egoryid=14&cs=1

Steve

#3 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:25 PM

Saw the trailer--the new one looks really cheezy and awful. Extremely cheap sets and EFX. Like a bad indie film. Nothing beats the old shockingly weird McGoohan vision. The Prisoner needs McGoohan to work. The new guy looks knackered.

#4 OFFLINE   PBowie

PBowie

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:46 AM

having watched the original (as a kid, didnt quite understand it) I saw it repeated again when i was older and enjoyed it-I hope the new series does it justice (RIP pat )

#5 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,340 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 02 October 2009 - 07:15 AM

As many know and have discussed in passing on other threads, AMC is sponsoring a remake of "The Prisoner". Discussion has always included the original 1967-68 UK series with Patrick McGoohan which appeared on CBS as a 1968 summer replacement. Much to my surprise, AMC now has all 17 episodes of the original series available for streaming on its web site.

Is there a way to get the videos of the old series in a larger screen? I can't find a way to do it. I've got a large monitor but it's still pretty small and I don't see a way to fill the screen.

Rich

#6 OFFLINE   paulman182

paulman182

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 07:51 AM

Is there a way to get the videos of the old series in a larger screen? I can't find a way to do it. I've got a large monitor but it's still pretty small and I don't see a way to fill the screen.

Rich

They're on DVD.

#7 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,340 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:06 PM

They're on DVD.

I know. But I was talking about the AMC web site.

Rich

#8 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Know Nothing

• Registered
  • 5,693 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:45 PM

Pre-release orders being taken on Amazon for the full series on BluRay.
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...