Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV ScoreGuide

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:53 PM

DIRECTV will be introducing a new feature in the next few days .. DIRECTV ScoreGuide.

ScoreGuide, offered compliments of DIRECTV, displays a lineup of sporting events in progress, as well as upcoming daily and weekly events.

Check out a demonstration here:
http://www.tinyurl.com/scoreguidedemo

---

DIRECTV ScoreGuide™ Provides Sports Fans with the Ultimate Navigation Tool at the Push of a Button

New On-Screen Multi-Channel Feature Enhancing DIRECTV's Industry-leading Program Guide Lets Fans Track Up-to-the-Minute Scores and Instantly Tune to Games

EL SEGUNDO, Calif., Apr 27, 2009 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- The little red button on the DIRECTV remote is about to come up big for sports fans.

That's how DIRECTV customers with advanced receivers will activate ScoreGuide™, a new on-screen feature of DIRECTV's industry-leading program guide. Launched today, ScoreGuide enables fans to easily track scores and start times of major sporting events, see a list of channels carrying each event and tune directly to those channels.

Viewers will be alerted to ScoreGuide by a small on-screen icon and have access to the new feature on more than 200 DIRECTV sports channels, including regional sports networks, DIRECTV sports subscription channels (channels 700-799), and national cable networks that primarily cover sports.

ScoreGuide, offered compliments of DIRECTV, displays a lineup of sporting events in progress, as well as upcoming daily and weekly events. ScoreGuide also provides DIRECTV channel numbers associated with each of the events and allows customers to tune to those specific channels with the push of a button on their remote control.

ScoreGuide can be minimized to show just one game at a time, and if a viewer chooses, can also be left open as a visual means of tracking a specific game. Each day presents a new schedule of daily events, and weekly events are updated every Thursday.

Sports on ScoreGuide will include: NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, top 25 college football and basketball, tennis (men's and women's Grand Slam event quarterfinals and later rounds), golf (PGA Tour majors) and next season, NASCAR®.

DIRECTV has been a front-runner in the development of advanced television features and services, including its popular NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ SuperFan®, MEGA MARCH MADNESS® and NASCAR HotPass™ services. The nation's No. 1 satellite TV service also offers exclusive interactive services for the world's most popular annual sports events, including golf's four majors and tennis' four Grand Slam events. The development of ScoreGuide -- a first for television -- is simply another in the long line of technical innovations from DIRECTV.

About DIRECTV, Inc.

DIRECTV, Inc. (NASDAQ:DTV - News), the nation's No. 1 satellite TV service, presents the finest television experience available to more than 17.6 million customers in the United States and is leading the HD revolution with more than 130 HD channels. Each day, DIRECTV subscribers enjoy access to over 265 channels of 100% digital picture and sound, exclusive programming, industry-leading customer satisfaction (which has surpassed national cable companies for eight years running) and superior technologies that include advanced DVR and HD-DVR services and the most state-of-the-art interactive sports packages available anywhere. For the most up-to-date information on DIRECTV, please call 1-800-DIRECTV or visit www.directv.com.

SOURCE: DIRECTV, Inc.

DIRECTV, Inc.
Robert Mercer
310-964-4683

Copyright Business Wire 2009

Edited by Doug Brott, 27 April 2009 - 10:37 AM.

DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mattpol

mattpol

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:01 PM

This is really cool. Any idea where the score data is pulled from?

#3 OFFLINE   Vinny*

Vinny*

Legend

• Registered
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:07 PM

DIRECTV will be introducing a new feature in the next few days .. DIRECTV ScoreGuide.

ScoreGuide, offered compliments of DIRECTV, displays a lineup of sporting events in progress, as well as upcoming daily and weekly events.

How do you display this? Does it work on yhe HD channels?

#4 OFFLINE   pdawg17

pdawg17

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:07 PM

Is this a widget that will need to be selected from the app store?
Panny 9UK
HR22-100 (Component)
Pio VSX-1018

Panny TC-P42X1
HR20-700 (HDMI)

Hackintosh box: Intel i5 2500k, 8gb ram, Radeon 5770, ML 10.8.2

HTPC: Intel Quad Core Q9550, 4gb ram, Nvidia 660Ti 2GB using HDMI to above Panny 9UK, Windows 8 x64

All hard-wired to D-link DIR-655 router

#5 OFFLINE   p010ne

p010ne

Godfather

• Registered
  • 494 posts
  • Locationdecatur, tx

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:12 PM

Is this a widget that will need to be selected from the app store?

TVapps/Widgets are activated via the right arrow tap (NOT red button tap!); however, doubt if they can both be active at the same time?:sure:
Eighter from Decatur, County Seat of Wise (of course it's in Texas)

#6 OFFLINE   webby_s

webby_s

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:21 PM

Looks awesome.... Just tell us when we can use it!
SlimLine 5LNB SWM 16
HR34-700 -->52" Sharp Aquos LED
H25-100 -->32" Philips Master BD
HR21-100 -->19" Vizio LED Kitchen,
HR24-500 --> 50" Panasonic DLP
Hockey is not a sport in Minnesota, it is life.

#7 OFFLINE   mattpex

mattpex

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:24 PM

Great new feature but mini guide with blue button is inop and using the guide and info buttons are very slow to respond, quite annoying.

#8 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:37 PM

Hope this is permitted, but here are the notes from the YouTube video description:

DIRECTV customers with advanced receivers will activate ScoreGuide™, a new on-screen feature of DIRECTVs industry-leading program guide. Launching this week, ScoreGuide enables fans to easily track scores and start times of major sporting events, see a list of channels carrying each event and tune directly to those channels.

Viewers will be alerted to ScoreGuide by a small on-screen icon and have access to the new feature on more than 200 DIRECTV sports channels, including regional sports networks, DIRECTV sports subscription channels (channels 700-799), and national cable networks that primarily cover sports.

ScoreGuide, offered compliments of DIRECTV, displays a lineup of sporting events in progress, as well as upcoming daily and weekly events. ScoreGuide also provides DIRECTV channel numbers associated with each of the events and allows customers to tune to those specific channels with the push of a button on their remote control.

ScoreGuide can be minimized to show just one game at a time, and if a viewer chooses, can also be left open as a visual means of tracking a specific game. Each day presents a new schedule of daily events, and weekly events are updated every Thursday.

Sports on ScoreGuide will include: NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, top 25 college football and basketball, tennis (mens and womens Grand Slam event quarterfinals and later rounds), golf (PGA Tour majors) and next season, NASCAR®.

#9 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:41 PM

This is really cool, nice job D*. These HR's sure have come a long long way. :D

But I'm wondering if they could broadcast this signal over the local channels that are delivered via satellite during sports? I don't see why they couldn't, unless theres an issue feeding all of those locals at the same time.

#10 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,347 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:09 PM

Looks cool to me. I will use it thats for sure.

#11 OFFLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,611 posts
  • LocationPequannock, NJ

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:36 PM

If this is the "official' thread can u merge the existing thread link into here so we dont have 2 going:

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=156764

Edited by dcowboy7, 26 April 2009 - 02:53 PM.

#12 OFFLINE   davidjplatt

davidjplatt

Legend

• Registered
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:38 PM

It didn't work on the broadcast networks (like the NHL game on NBC). I just tuned to ESPN and the red button to show the scores is working already.

The thing were you can "watch" the program is kind of neat - it showed the NBA game as being available on ABC and ABC HD.

Very cool feature.

#13 OFFLINE   Athlon646464

Athlon646464

Hall Of Fame

• News Hound
  • 2,510 posts
  • LocationUxbridge, MA

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:02 PM

Very nice, D* - thanks! :D

1 HR34-700, 1 C31-700, 1 HR24-500
Original install on April 20, 2008 - HR34 & C31 installed on August 24, 2013 - HR24 installed on July 23, 2010

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

#14 OFFLINE   pdawg17

pdawg17

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:08 PM

It didn't work on the broadcast networks (like the NHL game on NBC). I just tuned to ESPN and the red button to show the scores is working already.

The thing were you can "watch" the program is kind of neat - it showed the NBA game as being available on ABC and ABC HD.

Very cool feature.

Thanks for the heads-up! It is very slick...and very responsive...
Panny 9UK
HR22-100 (Component)
Pio VSX-1018

Panny TC-P42X1
HR20-700 (HDMI)

Hackintosh box: Intel i5 2500k, 8gb ram, Radeon 5770, ML 10.8.2

HTPC: Intel Quad Core Q9550, 4gb ram, Nvidia 660Ti 2GB using HDMI to above Panny 9UK, Windows 8 x64

All hard-wired to D-link DIR-655 router

#15 OFFLINE   mcbeevee

mcbeevee

97% Complete

• Registered
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:11 PM

How do you display this? Does it work on yhe HD channels?

I just tried it on Versus HD, and it worked. Also worked on espnHD, espn2HD, and espnewsHD.

:)

#16 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:14 PM

I just tried it on Versus HD, and it worked.

:)

IT works on the EI HD channels as well. It also works on the SD RSNs

BTW, some who have downloaded the CE this past Friday have reported that this disabled the Yellow Button. For those that didn't, the yellow button still works with Score Guide. (Perhaps this is why they canceled the CE???)

#17 OFFLINE   Aztec Pilot

Aztec Pilot

Legend

• Registered
  • 253 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 04:19 PM

This is one of those little features that I will actually use. It works on ESPN, and NFL Network. I'm sure others, but I tried those. Red button brings it up. This is way cool.
Thanks
---------------------------------------------
My Setup

#18 OFFLINE   Milkman

Milkman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 04:27 PM

This looks AWESOME... I just hope it isn't as slow as say, the Active channel.

Gator fan for LIFE!!!!
My current setup can be found here!

#19 OFFLINE   WERA689

WERA689

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,605 posts
  • LocationCanton, GA

Posted 26 April 2009 - 04:39 PM

I accidentally discovered this on Saturday morning, while watching Speed Channel. I tried to bring up Media Share, and got a message that MS was inoperable on an interactive channel. WTF?? Since when is Speed an interactive channel? So, I tried the red button, and sure enough, I got the ScoreGuide!

This is ANOTHER awesome feature from the wizards of El Segundo, and one I will make constant use of! Well done again, and thank you DirecTV!!!!!Posted Image
link to my system specs: http://www.dbstalk.c...775#post3155775

My wonderful cat, Kawie, passed away on 11/23/08. He had a remarkable soul, and I miss him deeply. Thank you, my buddy, for sharing your life with me.

#20 OFFLINE   slimoli

slimoli

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,979 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:14 PM

This thing is not working as it should. I have to press the red key several times to get the scoreboard and on some channels it doesn't work . I have 3 HR22-100 and on one of them the red key doesn't work at all. Do I need to wait until tomorrow?

spam firewall