Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MLB Extra Innings OTA Feeds

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:56 PM

I wanted to start a fresh thread on this issue. Last year we were getting Padres Feeds from Cox 4 and Comcast Sportsnet Philadelphia Feeds of the Phillies and Blue Jays Feeds from Canada. But WHY is it SO difficult for MLB and DirecTv to get this package going correctly? There are ALOT of other feeds we are missing. Why can't they get all the Over The Air Feeds. Channels that cover baseball. (WCIU-Cubs,White Sox) (WPIX-Mets) (KSDK-Cardinals) Why do only certain teams get to simulcast there over the air channels and other teams NEVER get on the Package? Why is this so difficult for MLB to get right and get a deal in place for these stations to air games on the package? This is an MLB product and I feel as a fan paying for all of the games that these feeds should be added in addition to the FOX Saturday feeds.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dubber deux

dubber deux

Icon

• Banned User
  • 716 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:07 PM

You're arguement is right one the money.

I don't think D* is the problem. They are buying the rights to air the MLB EI plan from MLB, and it is MLB that has the problem.

My guess is that greed is a factor along with too many puffed up egos that might get some weird sense of satisfaction from ramdomly preventing dedicated fans from seeing as much of their team as possible.

I think D* has admitted that EI is a flawed product in the fact that it had to REDUCE its price from last year. :lol:

spam firewall