Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Problem with this new score guide

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:52 AM

I watch ALOT of sports. If I leave my receiver on a sports channel that has this new score guide interactive feature with the scores a major problem occurs when i turn my television off. When i turn the TV back on it tells me this. "An incompatible video signal has been received. Check the output device settings" I have a HDMI Cable hooked up from my H21 receiver to my SHARP HD Television. The Only way for me to get my signal back i have found is to turn my HD receiver off and then back on again. This is REALLY annoying and it only does this on any Sports channel and ESPN Now it does this. Anyone have any ideas how to Fix this or why it is doing this?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:12 AM

Anyone have any ideas how to Fix this

Turn off your receiver when you turn off your TV. It's just a different button on the remote.

#3 OFFLINE   kenhilton

kenhilton

Mentor

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:01 AM

same problem, i turn both of them off at the same time with the same remote and it still does it.
I found if I hit the guide button the guide pops up and the channel will work. Have not found any other way around it yet.

#4 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 28 April 2009 - 12:11 PM

I just tested this with my HR21 hooked up via HDMI to a Sharp Aquos HDTV. No issues when turning the TV off/on while tuned to a channel with SportsGuide. I have read in the past, however, that the HD non-DVR's (H20, H21, H23) have issues with interactive channels, so it could be a bug with the current software for those receivers.

You can always press the EXIT button on any interactive channel to cancel the interactive program and make the channel behave like a "normal" channel.

#5 OFFLINE   guffy1

guffy1

Legend

• Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 01:25 PM

Ive been having the same problem with my non HD DVR. Wasnt really aware what was causing the problem until now, but I pretty much always have my TV on a sports channel with score guide when I turn it off. I guess I know now what the problem is. I use the channel up/down button to tune a different channel and that corrects the problem. Slightly annoying, but no biggie really.

#6 OFFLINE   guffy1

guffy1

Legend

• Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 01:32 PM

Sure seems like there would be a way to disable this score guide completely. I am way more annoyed that this pops up on my screen everytime I tune to a sports channel than I am about the HDMI issue.

#7 OFFLINE   Indiana627

Indiana627

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:02 PM

What channels is this new Scoreguide active on? I've yet to see it in action. My HR21-200 is on the current software. I've tuned to some sports channels (ESPN HD, ESPNewsHD, YESHD) and have not seen the onscreen popup prompting me to hit the Red button, not does anything happen if I hit the Red button. Is there some special keyword search I have to run to turn the Scoreguide on?
Mark

"We named the dog Indiana."
Family Room: HR24-100; WD10EVCS 1TB drive in Antec MX-1; connected via HDMI to Denon AVR-2313CI; 5.1 setup with Boston Acoustics A250 fronts, A225C center, A25 surrounds, ASW650 sub; video to Sony 52W4100 via HDMI; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
Bedroom: HR21-200 with AM21 & Philips PHDTV1 Antenna, HDMI to Dynex 32" TV; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
(1) Slimline 3 LBN dish (2 lines direct to each HR2x. No multiswitch.)
D* since January 2003

#8 OFFLINE   krock918316

krock918316

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:05 PM

I haven't seen it either. I've got an HR20-100.

#9 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:27 PM

What channels is this new Scoreguide active on? I've yet to see it in action. My HR21-200 is on the current software. I've tuned to some sports channels (ESPN HD, ESPNewsHD, YESHD) and have not seen the onscreen popup prompting me to hit the Red button, not does anything happen if I hit the Red button. Is there some special keyword search I have to run to turn the Scoreguide on?

It's active on all full-time sports channels, including the three you've listed. It's very easy to miss the pop up, though. Look in the bottom right corner when you tune to one of those channels.

#10 OFFLINE   Piratefan98

Piratefan98

Icon

• Registered
  • 685 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 02:39 PM

I'm having a couple problems with it as well.

If I'm watching one of the full-time sports channels, and decide that I want to channel surf either with up/down arrow or by entering the channel number numerically, there is a very noticeable delay in the responsiveness of the remote. Once it kicks in, then it's fine (until I land and stay on another full-time sports channel). Pretty much all remote functions (guide, info, etc. have this delay now, where they didn't used to.

Also .... if I turn off the tv and receiver (I always use the button that turns off both), oftentimes when I turn everything back on, I get a "no signal" message from the receiver, even though it's clearly powered on. A simple channel up or channel down seems to unlock it, but this never happened before the new sports feature.

There's also a little screen movement up/down when hitting one of the full time channels, which isn't a particularly big deal.

Anyway .... it would be nice if the bugs get worked out soon. With the delayed channels responses and the weird start-up issues I'm having, I'd prefer not to even have this service until it is perfected. Looks like it will be a nice feature once the bugs are worked out.

Jeff

#11 OFFLINE   guffy1

guffy1

Legend

• Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:06 PM

I'm having a couple problems with it as well.

If I'm watching one of the full-time sports channels, and decide that I want to channel surf either with up/down arrow or by entering the channel number numerically, there is a very noticeable delay in the responsiveness of the remote. Once it kicks in, then it's fine (until I land and stay on another full-time sports channel). Pretty much all remote functions (guide, info, etc. have this delay now, where they didn't used to.

Also .... if I turn off the tv and receiver (I always use the button that turns off both), oftentimes when I turn everything back on, I get a "no signal" message from the receiver, even though it's clearly powered on. A simple channel up or channel down seems to unlock it, but this never happened before the new sports feature.

There's also a little screen movement up/down when hitting one of the full time channels, which isn't a particularly big deal.

Anyway .... it would be nice if the bugs get worked out soon. With the delayed channels responses and the weird start-up issues I'm having, I'd prefer not to even have this service until it is perfected. Looks like it will be a nice feature once the bugs are worked out.

Jeff

Before you turn off your receiver, if you are on a channel that uses score guide, hit the exit button. This will take care of the no signal issue when you power back up. Either that or tune to a channel that doesent use score guide before shutting down.

Both remedies are a PITA, I know. Im really not into this new feature in its buggy state.

#12 OFFLINE   Piratefan98

Piratefan98

Icon

• Registered
  • 685 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:09 PM

Both remedies are a PITA, I know. Im really not into this new feature in its buggy state.

+1 :grin:

Jeff

#13 OFFLINE   guffy1

guffy1

Legend

• Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:25 PM

same problem, i turn both of them off at the same time with the same remote and it still does it.
I found if I hit the guide button the guide pops up and the channel will work. Have not found any other way around it yet.

Yes, its actually the turning off of the TV when on a scoreguide channel that causes the problem. At least thats how its working on my end.

#14 OFFLINE   Indiana627

Indiana627

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:26 PM

I was finally able to see the Scoreguide on ESPN SD on my HR21-200 running the current NR software. I have yet to see it on my HR21-100 running an obsolete software. I'll guess I'll wait until it updates to the new NR software and then hopefully it will work.
Mark

"We named the dog Indiana."
Family Room: HR24-100; WD10EVCS 1TB drive in Antec MX-1; connected via HDMI to Denon AVR-2313CI; 5.1 setup with Boston Acoustics A250 fronts, A225C center, A25 surrounds, ASW650 sub; video to Sony 52W4100 via HDMI; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
Bedroom: HR21-200 with AM21 & Philips PHDTV1 Antenna, HDMI to Dynex 32" TV; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
(1) Slimline 3 LBN dish (2 lines direct to each HR2x. No multiswitch.)
D* since January 2003

Protected By... spam firewall...And...