Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Interested in WHDI Wireless HD?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Steve615

Steve615

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,406 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN area

Posted 30 April 2009 - 04:38 PM

From dvice.com & hometheatermag.com:
Wireless HD has been a slow train coming.
But a new chipset may finally bring it to HDTV's,Blu-ray players,transmitter/receiver kits and other products.
More info at the following links.

http://dvice.com/arc...-20-chipset.php

http://hometheaterma...043009wireless/

Steve

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   rakstr

rakstr

Legend

• Registered
  • 235 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:33 AM

OK, let's breath some life into this discussion!!!

I recently purchased a WHDI setup to get me access to DirecTV in my home office where it is just too impractical to run an HDMI cable.

This is the unit I purchased.

http://www.monoprice...&seq=1&format=2

This works very well with my HR21-700's EXCEPT, any broadcast channel that DirecTV rebroadcasts will not "lock-in". It's almost as though there is something "incorrect" in the HDCP protocol for those stations that prohibit the device from retransmitting. I've read reviews that others have seen the same thing.

Hopefully, if this is the case, we can get some help from DirecTV in the form of a firmware update.... Anyone else using these types of WHDI devices and having any issues?

#3 OFFLINE   terrelliott

terrelliott

Godfather

• Registered
  • 461 posts
  • LocationCockrum, MS

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:47 PM

I bought the Vizio brand XWH200. Spent 3 days (at least) moving all of my equipment from one side of the room to the other. Mounted the tv over the fireplace, ran the power behind it so it looked just like the ads on tv. No visible cables! Hooked up the XWH200 to my directv HR21-200 and my Vizio Blu-Ray player. It looked great! BUT, no sound. I messed with it for 4 hours, changing cables, rebooting, etc. Nothing! Finally went last resort and checked the Vizio troubleshooting site and found that they have "known compatibility issues with Directv and Dish Network DVRs" where there is picture, but no audio. The posted solution was to run an HDMI cable directly to the TV from the satellite receiver. DUH! That's not a solution. So I took it back to Costco. Judging from the reaction of the guy at the counter, it's not the first return he processed. I'm very disillusioned after the whole thing. I'm now trying to find an affordable video switcher.
Vizio VF551XVT 55" LED 1080p with Harmony 890 Pro
HR34-700 Genie via HDMI x 2 Genie Clients + HR21-200

spam firewall