Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DIRECTV Transponder Maps: Data 5/4/09

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:03 PM

The attachments to this post cover all DIRECTV Channels and Transponders, both CONUS (Continental US or National beams) and LIL (Local Into Local or Spot beams).

Three PDF documents provide the data for DIRECTV Satellites at the 72.5W, 95W, 99W, 101W, 103W, 110W and 119W positions, formatted in three ways:

• A full listing in Network Number sequence
  • A full listing in Channel Name sequence
  • A full listing in Channel Number sequence
Three supplemental documents are also provided:

• A Transponder and Network Number Networklist reference sheet. This information is particularly useful in understanding the LIL data.
  • A Network Decoder map showing the satellites and transponders graphically as they appear on your receiver's signal strength display.
  • And for those of you who prefer to work with the data in Excel, a file roll_your_own.xls is provided.

All documents are fully unprotected so you may copy and use the data as you wish.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:05 PM

Thanks once again to Doctor J for his skill, effort and time capturing all this data and providing a wealth of information for all of us.

#3 ONLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,918 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:07 PM

Any differential analysis with previous table ?

#4 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,022 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:13 PM

thanks. nice work.
DirecTV: Genie, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/35)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#5 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:05 PM

Missing the Hope Channel, on 368.

#6 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:07 PM

Missing the Hope Channel, on 368.

Sorry. The Hope Channel (368) wasn't in the 3/31/09 data and isn't in our 5/4/09 data either. (I just sifted through all the raw data to be sure the parsing process didn't clobber it.)

So here we are, with you expecting me to give you an intelligent response. But at the moment, I don't have one. The homework has begun!

I will keep you posted
:)

#7 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:11 AM

Sorry. The Hope Channel (368) wasn't in the 3/31/09 data and isn't in our 5/4/09 data either. (I just sifted through all the raw data to be sure the parsing process didn't clobber it.)

So here we are, with you expecting me to give you an intelligent response. But at the moment, I don't have one. The homework has begun!

I will keep you posted
:)

LOL. In the closed Hope channel thread there were a few that posted it was on 119. It would be good to get confirmation for those with troubles getting the channel.

#8 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,167 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:27 AM

Once again, many thanks for these regular updates to the transponder maps;

Always appreciated on this end for sure;

I notice that the Los Angeles DMA (Network ID 624) now has two additional local channels, KOCE-50 (PBS) and KLCS-58 (LAUSD-PBS) listed as "TEST" on DIRECTV-10 Tp. 19. Does this mean these two local channels will be added to DirecTV's HD LiL line-up for the L.A. area in the future?

Kind of unusual too in the case of KLCS since they are not currently broadcasting the main or any other DTV sub-channels (four in all) in HD format. They're all in 480i SD.

Also in the "Network Decoder" PDF you have the frequency band of operation for DIRECTV-8 AND 9S stated as "Ka high." While it is true they are equipped with a Ka band radio subsystem for back-hauling operations, the broadcast band pertaining to subscribers is of course "Ku."

Perhaps a listing of "Ku/Ka high" would be better, unless it is just the auxiliary back-hauling capability on Ka band for these 101 satellites that you wish to highlight for some reason.

#9 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:11 PM

...also in the "Network Decoder" PDF you have the frequency band of operation for DIRECTV-8 AND 9S stated as "Ka high." While it is true they are equipped with a Ka band radio subsystem for back-hauling operations, the broadcast band pertaining to subscribers is of course "Ku."....

HoTat2,
You are fully correct. I will update the next version of the Network Decoder to properly show all the 101W sats as Ku. Thanks for the sharp eye!

gct

#10 OFFLINE   LameLefty

LameLefty

I used to be a rocket scientist

• Registered
  • 12,100 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:33 PM

I notice that the Los Angeles DMA (Network ID 624) now has two additional local channels, KOCE-50 (PBS) and KLCS-58 (LAUSD-PBS) listed as "TEST" on DIRECTV-10 Tp. 19. Does this mean these two local channels will be added to DirecTV's HD LiL line-up for the L.A. area in the future?

Lots of markets have test channels again. Nashville shows four for us, as it did last fall and leading up to the now-delayed digital transition. The spring data posted by gct did not show them but now they're back (though they're actually transmitting New York regional sports nets :nono: ).

I think most or all of these "TEST" channels in various markets are merely placeholders for load-balancing the bandwidth until those additional locals are ready to be added to their respective markets.

"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"
Directv since 1997
Will Work for Beer

#11 OFFLINE   jefbal99

jefbal99

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:10 AM

gct, sorry i have been useless in the data gathering. My PC hooked to the Dish is back packed away as my basement remodel is in the drywalling and finishing stage. I will be more active once I have an office again.
Receiving Equipment: AU9 Slimline w/Zinwell WB68 & SWM 8 | Winegard MS-2000 w/PS-1503 Power Injector
Living Room: HR22-100 w/AM-21 | Samsung HL-S4266W (HDMI) | Ethernet MRV | Pioneer HTS-GS1 5.1 | Yamaha DV-S6160 (Component/Digital Coaxial)
Bedroom: H21-200 w/AM-21 | Westinghouse LVM-42w2 (HDMI) | Ethernet MRV
Home Theatre: HR20-100 | Sanyo PLV-Z60 (Component/Optical) | Flexio 16:9 100" Screen | Ethernet MRV |Yamaha YHT-690 | XBox 360 (Component) | Harmony 880

#12 OFFLINE   xmetalx

xmetalx

Godfather

• Registered
  • 289 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:33 AM

gct: you sir, are full of win :)

#13 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 07:00 PM

Please see the new thread with TPN data collected on 6/5/09. The old data files associated with this thread will be deleted to make room for the new posts.

Thanks!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...