Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

This Just In- N/Noggin split has finally happen, N on 181

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Willh

Willh

Legend

• Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:12 PM

as of today the N and Noggin are no longer sharing 169, Noggin went 24/7 on Dish finally this evening at 169 while 181, the former home of Carton Network West became the permanent home for The N this evening also, all Noggin programming after 6 PM ET can be seen on 169, this should be good for the parents of kids ages 1-7.
Dish Network Customer since Jan 2007, upgraded to HD on September 2, 2010.

DVRs/Box Sets: Dish VIP DVR 722K (2 of them).

long time Pro-Wrestling and NASCAR fan.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   space86

space86

Icon

• Registered
  • 512 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:14 PM

you beat me to it LOL.

#3 OFFLINE   tnsprin

tnsprin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:11 PM

Also the N will no longer be at 9576 as of May 20th. So any one with timers, not me, will have to change them.
Ex Dish subscriber
Fios TV subscriber on 3/8/10

#4 OFFLINE   jclewter79

jclewter79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:42 AM

If they are manual timers yes. If set off of the title of the show they box should catch it. I love name based recording.
Dish Customer since 12/13/03
Leased 722 DVR (Under contract until 08/02/10?)
(The installer had me sign an exsisting customer 18 month agreement!)
Owned 301 (Purchased at Wal-Mart 12/12/03)

#5 OFFLINE   kevruth

kevruth

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:28 PM

It's about time. My four-year-old has been so upset that some of his favorite shows on Noggin were "coming up next" at 6:00PM when in fact they weren't. Never thought Dish would finally do the right thing.

#6 OFFLINE   dorfd1

dorfd1

Icon

• Registered
  • 964 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:32 PM

It's about time. My four-year-old has been so upset that some of his favorite shows on Noggin were "coming up next" at 6:00PM when in fact they weren't. Never thought Dish would finally do the right thing.

It is noggin's fault for lying to your child not. Noggin should have said that the N was comming up at 6:00 pm

#7 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,374 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:35 PM

I'd like to give Dish credit, but in fact they are just getting ready for the overall reorganization.

The N is supposed to become TEENick in September. Noggin is supposed to become NickJr. A detailed article on the Nickelodeon restructuring appeared in MultichannelNews under the headline 'Nick’ Of Time For Rebrand.

#8 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,510 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:23 PM

It is noggin's fault for lying to your child not. Noggin should have said that the N was comming up at 6:00 pm

It appears that DISH was the only provider broadcasting the split feed under a previous agreement to carry a "Noggin/N" channel split 12 hours at a time at the mid tier level (currently called Classic Silver 200) and the "Nick Games and Sports" channel at the high tier level (currently called Classic Gold 250).

DISH agreed to carry one channel at 200 and one channel at 250 ... Nickelodeon wanted two channels at 200 (which is what started this week). DISH apparently waited until the end of the contract to make the change. DISH provided exactly what the contract specified, a split Noggin/N channel at 200 and a GAS channel at 250.

The split Noggin/N channel appears to have been a simple switch between the full time feeds of Noggin/N ... whether that switch was done at Nickelodeon and fed to DISH or done at DISH's uplink the "coming up" promos were not replaced. Nickelodeon provided a special feed of GAS for DISH so it is likely they also continued to provided the contracted split Noggin/N feed. Covering up or having different "coming up" promos on the feed to DISH was probably something Nickelodeon just didn't want to bother with.

#9 OFFLINE   pdh0490

pdh0490

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:30 PM

i didnt have to wait for the n it has been on directv all this time anyways

spam firewall