Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish Stopped Working - HELP!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   marketinghelp

marketinghelp

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:38 PM

We have A Dish 625 DVR along with another 522? Receiver in another room. The 522 works fine.

Today, out of the blue, when I turned the TV on, it says "no signal". Now, all the lights on the 625 DVR are on like they should be and it is even recording things (red light is on) at the correct times. The problem is, the signal is not getting to my TV.

I:
Restarted the DVR
Checked all of the plugs to make sure nothing is loose
Made sure the TV was on the correct input

What could be the problem? This just happened out of the blue.

By the way, to be more clear, the "no signal" message is the TV's message, I cannot see anything from my DVR at all.

Thanks.

Edited by marketinghelp, 07 May 2009 - 07:48 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   scooper

scooper

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,772 posts
  • LocationYoungsville NC

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:50 PM

The TV says "No Signal" ?

What input on the TV are you supposed to be using ? RF, Composite, S-Video ? Did you check that ALL cables on the TV are properly hooked up to the source ? Check the cables on the other ends as well ?
You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

#3 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:59 PM

Either the video output of the receiver has died (unlikely, but possible), or far more likely, you have a connection issue (loose cable).

#4 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:46 AM

Or even a bad cable. Try different outputs (coax, RCA and/or S-Video). If they work, try a new cable.
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...