Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Logo (SD)??

swm

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Southland

Southland

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:09 PM

Don't tell me this is only going to be a HD only channel!
Or maybe I havent found it in SD yet..any updates?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:41 PM

Several channels are HD only. Sorry.

#3 OFFLINE   pdh0490

pdh0490

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:28 PM

not with dirctv

#4 OFFLINE   JohnH

JohnH

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:52 PM

You might find some on DIRECTV ala HD Extra Pack. Sort of like Platinum HD. :)

#5 OFFLINE   Slamminc11

Slamminc11

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:33 PM

Don't tell me this is only going to be a HD only channel!
Or maybe I havent found it in SD yet..any updates?

Yep. Dish has decided once again to screw their SD only customers and only launch LOGO in HD. Granted Direct, Comcrap, and almost everyone else who carries LOGO has it in SD and I am sure will soon also have it in HD as well, but Dish has decided that just like their baseball fan customers, you don't matter anymore.

#6 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:41 PM

Or, maybe, they launched the HD feed first, then will launch the SD later.
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#7 OFFLINE   Southland

Southland

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 07:49 PM

The new BET channel is also in HD only too

#8 OFFLINE   Aransay

Aransay

Icon

• Registered
  • 651 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 07:53 PM

mavtv should be sd and bet
WAITING AXXIUSLY TO BE FIRST CUSTUMER OF THE NEW MEXICO DISH SERVICES RELATED: hoping t otest it soon

#9 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,222 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 09:49 PM

mavtv should be sd and bet

But not Logo? :)

At least this should put to rest the question of whether the Platinum HD pack is worth $10 ... DISH is starting to build up a nice set of special channels there.

#10 OFFLINE   patmurphey

patmurphey

Godfather

• Registered
  • 518 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 08:57 AM

The new BET channel is also in HD only too

Are you sure? I'm pretty certain I saw it in my guide as SD while I was trying to get the new HD channels with a CSR. I'm not home now, so can't verify. :D

#11 OFFLINE   jclewter79

jclewter79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 11:21 AM

BET Jazz is only offered in HD on Dish Network. That is what I think he is referring as "the new BET channel." As for LOGO I think it is kinda funny that everybody that wants it is going to jump ship to one of the other providers that offer it in sd when they have had it in sd for years and Dish Network did not offer it at all. I think LOGO is in the perfect place. The people that want it can get it and they people that want to gripe about it won't. Besides, from here on out I think you are going to see E* do everything they can to make the customer foot the bill for the impeding mpeg4 switch. Last quarter they announced that they have been more successful in getting exsisting customers to pay more per month than aquiring new customers. I don't care if anybody leaves to get LOGO in sd but, if you wanted that bad why didn't you leave a couple of years ago?
Dish Customer since 12/13/03
Leased 722 DVR (Under contract until 08/02/10?)
(The installer had me sign an exsisting customer 18 month agreement!)
Owned 301 (Purchased at Wal-Mart 12/12/03)

#12 OFFLINE   Slamminc11

Slamminc11

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 12:13 PM

BET Jazz is only offered in HD on Dish Network. That is what I think he is referring as "the new BET channel." As for LOGO I think it is kinda funny that everybody that wants it is going to jump ship to one of the other providers that offer it in sd when they have had it in sd for years and Dish Network did not offer it at all. I think LOGO is in the perfect place. The people that want it can get it and they people that want to gripe about it won't. Besides, from here on out I think you are going to see E* do everything they can to make the customer foot the bill for the impeding mpeg4 switch. Last quarter they announced that they have been more successful in getting exsisting customers to pay more per month than aquiring new customers. I don't care if anybody leaves to get LOGO in sd but, if you wanted that bad why didn't you leave a couple of years ago?

Dish should have launched LOGO in the 250 package for their SD customers who have been looking for this channel for the last couple years as well as the HD whatever package for those who have decided to spend their money on HD TV's and programming.

#13 OFFLINE   Rob052067

Rob052067

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:19 PM

Yep. Dish has decided once again to screw their SD only customers and only launch LOGO in HD. Granted Direct, Comcrap, and almost everyone else who carries LOGO has it in SD and I am sure will soon also have it in HD as well, but Dish has decided that just like their baseball fan customers, you don't matter anymore.

Looks like Dish is screwing their HD customers too by added 3 new HD channels that are only available in the $10-extra Platinum package.
Philips 42" LCD HDTV (model 42PF9831D/37)
Time Warner Cable SA8300HD-DVR connected via component cables (MDN Navigator 2.4.4-16)
Dish Network ViP722 HD-DVR connected via HDMI cable (TurboHD-only Bronze Package)

#14 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Registered
  • 819 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:33 PM

Have to agree with Jim. Maybe the intent is keep adding unique channels in the Platinum pack so customers see some value there.

#15 OFFLINE   jclewter79

jclewter79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:41 PM

Looks like Dish is screwing their HD customers too by added 3 new HD channels that are only available in the $10-extra Platinum package.

Thats one way to look at it. Strangly, I kinda look at it the other way. I dropped platinum because of the value it offered, even though I love WFN. Now that it has MavTV is in it too, I am considering getting it back. I think it is kinda cool, it looks like platinum is going to be the place where those niche channels will be going. I like having the channels availble. It is much better than the old standard Charlie answer " that channel does not have very many viewers." Platinum is finally getting some post-VOOM value. I like it.
Dish Customer since 12/13/03
Leased 722 DVR (Under contract until 08/02/10?)
(The installer had me sign an exsisting customer 18 month agreement!)
Owned 301 (Purchased at Wal-Mart 12/12/03)

#16 OFFLINE   juan ellitinez

juan ellitinez

Icon/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:44 PM

Dish should have launched LOGO in the 250 package for their SD customers who have been looking for this channel for the last couple years as well as the HD whatever package for those who have decided to spend their money on HD TV's and programming.

Dish should have launched YES, should have kept GOL and maybe the VOOM channels ohh wait nobody can complain about those channels

#17 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,222 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 02:53 PM

And yet the question was ...

... if you wanted that bad why didn't you leave a couple of years ago?

If you did leave to get LOGO then great. Otherwise just pretend that DISH still hasn't added it and we have a status quo. If having it uplinked as a test channel for more than a year and then removing it wasn't bad enough to make one leave is this worse?

Dish should have launched YES, should have kept GOL and maybe the VOOM channels ohh wait nobody can complain about those channels

They can, and they do. This is just the thread for Logo SD ... :)

#18 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,427 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 09 May 2009 - 03:57 PM

This is an interesting discussion in a way.. Curious as to why Dish might add just LogoHD and not LogoSD... but consider that anyone who wanted that channel might have left for DirecTV already if that was the deal-breaker... Maybe Dish thinks their best move will be to add it in HD-only and get customers who want HD to come back before DirecTV adds it in HD... rather than try to recapture those who already left for lack of the SD channel.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#19 OFFLINE   Aransay

Aransay

Icon

• Registered
  • 651 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 05:31 PM

GOLTV
YES
TVN

MORE RSN
MORE RPEMIMUM MOVIE HBOZ ONE SD
MTV MSUCI CHANNEL LIEK VH1 ROK, VH1 SAUNTRK CHANNE
MROE CATHOLCI CHANNELS LIKE MARVISON, ELSEMRBDOR, RADIOAMIA INENAMNAL
anime network as atv channeñ
FAMILY FIRENDLU Channel is wahdsh needs
WAITING AXXIUSLY TO BE FIRST CUSTUMER OF THE NEW MEXICO DISH SERVICES RELATED: hoping t otest it soon

#20 OFFLINE   ehb224

ehb224

Legend

• Registered
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:25 AM

GOLTV
YES
TVN

MORE RSN
Personally, I have no desire for any of the above and would find them a waste of bandwidth!

MORE RPEMIMUM MOVIE HBOZ ONE SD
MTV MSUCI CHANNEL LIEK VH1 ROK, VH1 SAUNTRK CHANNE
I do agree that more movie and music channels is a good idea.
MROE CATHOLCI CHANNELS LIKE MARVISON, ELSEMRBDOR, RADIOAMIA INENAMNAL
Since I am not Catholic I would find these to be a big waste of bandwidth!

anime network as atv channeñ
No interest here either!
FAMILY FIRENDLU Channel is wahdsh needs

Since I do not have kids I really do not want more 'family friendly' channels but prefer more adult themed ones such as History, Science, and the various premium movie channels. This just goes to show that DISH cannot please everybody so they must provide a little bit of something for everyone, including Logo! Do you not agree?
Digital Home Advantage America's Everything Pak with Locals and GoldHD with PlatinumHD (or whatever they call it now--names change, service stays the same!)
Eastern Arc dish
VIP722/Sling and Westinghouse Digital 42"1080P monitor
Pioneer Elite 7.1 receiver
Infinity speakers
Jamo speakers

VIP622 and Polaroid 19" 720P TV

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: swm

spam firewall