Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Logo (SD)??

swm

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,995 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 12:02 PM

But not Logo? :)

At least this should put to rest the question of whether the Platinum HD pack is worth $10 ... DISH is starting to build up a nice set of special channels there.

I agree with you. DISH will probably ad more standalone speciality HD channels going forward. You can always downgrade. HD is the future!

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Aransay

Aransay

Icon

• Registered
  • 651 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 12:19 PM

teh only way that everyoen wouel eb ahpph woduk eb alcarta rpormming specillyfor nich channels
i dont lije audl or dcumntary channels tv i
tb s for family entrteimen in my opinion
WAITING AXXIUSLY TO BE FIRST CUSTUMER OF THE NEW MEXICO DISH SERVICES RELATED: hoping t otest it soon

#23 OFFLINE   ehb224

ehb224

Legend

• Registered
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 08:35 PM

t
tb s for family entrteimen in my opinion

And there is more than one definition of the word "family". My family consists of adults who want adult programming (and I don't mean sex programming either). We don't want religious programming or a lot of kid shows. If you don't like what is on the channels you are free to change them and turn on the paraental locks if you want to restrict what your kids watch but don't tell me what I can or can't watch please. I just don't tune into the channels I don't want to watch and don't complain about them.
Digital Home Advantage America's Everything Pak with Locals and GoldHD with PlatinumHD (or whatever they call it now--names change, service stays the same!)
Eastern Arc dish
VIP722/Sling and Westinghouse Digital 42"1080P monitor
Pioneer Elite 7.1 receiver
Infinity speakers
Jamo speakers

VIP622 and Polaroid 19" 720P TV

#24 OFFLINE   jclewter79

jclewter79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:22 PM

This is an interesting discussion in a way.. Curious as to why Dish might add just LogoHD and not LogoSD... but consider that anyone who wanted that channel might have left for DirecTV already if that was the deal-breaker... Maybe Dish thinks their best move will be to add it in HD-only and get customers who want HD to come back before DirecTV adds it in HD... rather than try to recapture those who already left for lack of the SD channel.

I think they want new western arc customers to opt for mpeg 4 equipment whenever possible. One day fairly "soon" E* will go all mpeg 4 and, every customer that they do not have to comp a free receiver for to make this happen will be considered a savings. I think we are going to see more of these HD only rollouts on new channels that have a small enough following that E* can get away with it.
Dish Customer since 12/13/03
Leased 722 DVR (Under contract until 08/02/10?)
(The installer had me sign an exsisting customer 18 month agreement!)
Owned 301 (Purchased at Wal-Mart 12/12/03)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: swm

spam firewall