Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Recording question.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jaytin

jaytin

Mentor

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:51 PM

My rec is VIP 612 DVR. Does my rec needs to be on that channels which I have set up recording for ?
I mean while recording is on. Can I watch some other channels???

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,406 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:54 PM

My rec is VIP 612 DVR. Does my rec needs to be on that channels which I have set up recording for ?
I mean while recording is on. Can I watch some other channels???

You have two satellite tuners and can record off one while watching another or record two while watching a recording. If you have off-the-air signals, you have an additional choice.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#3 OFFLINE   jaytin

jaytin

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:32 PM

thank you but I didn't get what you meant. Record off one tuner ?? Can you please explain more thoroughly. Thank you.

#4 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:39 PM

OK. if you're recording one show at a time, it records off the second input going into your receiver, allowing you to watch a separate live show/feed.

If you're recording two shows at the same time, you have to watch one of the recordings, or watch something off the hard drive.

If connected, you can also record or watch off the antenna feed. It is separate from the two satellite-in feeds.
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#5 OFFLINE   jaytin

jaytin

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 08:01 PM

Oh, okay. i got it. Thank you very much!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...