Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Remote won't program to Emerson tv.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   onan38

onan38

Legend

• Registered
  • 242 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:39 PM

Hi all,Just bought a Emerson LC320EM93 tv from wallyworld for my grandmother.I have tried all the emerson codes listed in the instruction book and the directv codes as well for the remote.Even tried to auto find the code still no good,even googled trying to find code.Will this tv just not program to the Directv remote.She is 89 years old and has trouble using one remote to turn tv on and for the volume and another to change channels on her Directv box Thanks for any help!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   miketorse

miketorse

Icon

• Registered
  • 647 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:55 PM

I'm sure Edmund/Tivoburkee can confirm, but I believe there is NO remote out there today that is preprogrammed with the codes for the new Emerson TV's. I think you are out of luck.
Mike

My system:

HR21
HR22 w/ AM21
R15
SWM-8
Slimline5 w/ no LOS to 119 Slimline3

#3 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 10:01 PM

Seeing you got it from Wally World take it back and get a TV that the D* remote can operate.

#4 OFFLINE   Aztec Pilot

Aztec Pilot

Legend

• Registered
  • 253 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:09 PM

I have had this problem in the past. The codes eventually show up for directv. The problem is that is a new model and it is hard to tell who made it.
---------------------------------------------
My Setup

#5 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,860 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:11 PM

I'm going to move this to the General Discussion forum with the hope of attracting our resident remote master, Edmund :)
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#6 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:47 PM

Since it's for your grandmother I would recommend taking the TV back and getting a different one. If you call Emerson you might find out who actually manufactured the TV. I would try the scan code method again. Just to make sure you didn't go too fast or that something wasn't missed. Remember when the code scan has gone through all the codes the led will blink multiple times indicating that it's done.

#7 OFFLINE   putty469

putty469

Legend

• Registered
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:40 PM

It is made by Funai, who also makes LCD's for other brands. I have this TV and only a universal remote will control everything. I use one by Universal Remote and had to manually program the Emerson buttons into it. Edmund answered this question around Christmas when Wal-Mart had a sale on these TV's.

Buy your Grandma a universal remote or take the TV back.
My Setup:
HR20-100 - Vizio XVT553SV 1080p - HDMI
H21-200 - Vizio VX42L 720p - HDMI
HR23-700 - Emerson 32" 720p - HDMI
DirecTV Whole Home DVR

Computer - Windows 7, DirecTV2PC
(2GB RAM, AMD X2 4200+, ATI HD3450 512MB)
Network - Linksys WRT54G and Charter 20/2 HSI

#8 OFFLINE   bjdotson

bjdotson

Legend

• Registered
  • 270 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:11 AM

Using the remote control search on the directv web site helped me in a similar situation with a new tv. Scan didn't work. posted codes didn't work
Got code at following url:

http://www.directv.c...ssetId=P4350020

#9 OFFLINE   DaaQ

DaaQ

Legend

• Registered
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:00 PM

None of the Emerson LCD tvs will program to the rc64 or rc64r remote. I have gone through the code search several times on multiple tvs of varying screen size to make sure.

Take it back if that is an option.

spam firewall