Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New Onkyo Sr-607 for $374!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:03 PM

I've been contemplating an HDMI switching rx for a long time. This has decent specs and is a terrific price. The video upconversion chip isn't the best but since I have a separate video processor - no problem!

This is a really great price for this new gen Onkyo TX-SR607 7.1 Channel Receiver! Check out these amazing specs:
7 Channels @ 90W, Supports 2 Subwoofers!
Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD
Faroudja DCDi Edge for 1080i Upconversion
192kHz/24-bit digital-to-analog converters for all channels
6 HDMI Inputs (including 1 HDMI port in the front)
Onkyo is known for their high quality receiver components. This new TX-SR607 gives you a lot of bang for the buck. Use coupon code: AFLAUD25 for 25% off!
http://www.gotapex.c.../?partnerid=124

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Cobra

Cobra

Icon

• Registered
  • 542 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 07:01 AM

http://stores.shop.e...)&submit=Search

here are some nice refurbished harman kardon 7.1 receivers, with full warranty from harman kardon. I won one last night, the 254 7.1, hope to have it by next weekend. I ended up paying 214 for it
HR21-200/AM21 connected HDMI 1.4 through Harmon Kardon 254 receiver to Panasonic TC-P54G25
connected to internet and networked
Pioneer 051FD Bluray player
H20 connected to Mitsubishi via Component
D11-100 receiver connected Coaxial

#3 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,840 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:40 PM

Whats the difference between the 247 and the 254?
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#4 OFFLINE   Richard King

Richard King

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 04:52 PM

I have an HK AVR7200 (61 pounds worth of receiver :)) that I bought several years ago. http://www.audiorevi...76_2718crx.aspx
I love the receiver, even though there are some more modern features that are missing. I notice that, just like mine, the HK's mentioned above have pre-amp outputs, but no returns to the power amp. I find this to be a rather (totally) useless feature, but I may be missing something. I would like outputs that I could run to an external processor (I have a DBX 120XP (http://www.sixstardj...bx12subsyn.html) and a DBX 3bx Series Two (http://www.soundbrok...listingid=32819) that I would like to run my left/right mains through. With no return to the power amp stage this appears to not be possible. Why would they not provide a return to the amp stage to use such nice devices???? Do the Onkyos do the same thing to the buyer???

Edited by Richard King, 31 May 2009 - 05:11 PM.

The Pump Don't Work 'cause the Vandals Took the Handles.

#5 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:24 AM

I believe you could use the tape monitor loop to insert those "sound coloring" devices.

#6 OFFLINE   Richard King

Richard King

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:56 AM

Actually, I had thought of that but haven't tried it yet. One of these days.
The Pump Don't Work 'cause the Vandals Took the Handles.

#7 OFFLINE   scoobyxj

scoobyxj

Godfather

• Registered
  • 253 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:41 PM

I believe you could use the tape monitor loop to insert those "sound coloring" devices.

That is exactly how I have an external EQ hooked up to one of my Onkyo's

spam firewall