Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Athletics Baseball Games Gone From Dish Network For Southern Oregon Subscribers?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Chihuahua

Chihuahua

Legend

• Registered
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:15 PM

When the Oakland Athletics' games were still airing on Fox/Comcast Sportsnet Bay Area, I was able to watch the games from my home in Medford, Oregon. Even after the A's games moved to CSN California, I was still able to view the games. However, I was unable to see yesterday's contest, and it looks like I might not be able to view Tuesday night's game either.

What is up with that?:confused:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Kheldar

Kheldar

Icon

• Registered
  • 773 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:02 AM

When the Oakland Athletics' games were still airing on Fox/Comcast Sportsnet Bay Area, I was able to watch the games from my home in Medford, Oregon. Even after the A's games moved to CSN California, I was still able to view the games. However, I was unable to see yesterday's contest, and it looks like I might not be able to view Tuesday night's game either.

DISH Network doesn't yet have a contract for CSN California. CSN was allowing them (and all providers) to display the channel during negotiations, but that has now ended.

For more information:
http://www.iwantcsn.com/
http://www.mercuryne...ion/ci_12348262
George Bernard Shaw: "We learn from experience that men never learn anything from experience." ;) :D

The 50-50-90 Rule: "Whenever you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability that you will get it wrong." -- Unknown ;)

Heinlein's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

#3 OFFLINE   Chihuahua

Chihuahua

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 178 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:41 AM

Good God! Not another Charlie Ergan programming dispute?!:mad:

#4 OFFLINE   Aransay

Aransay

Icon

• Registered
  • 651 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 03:30 PM

dis ned to ekp trck with rn m, fsh s frgeting a always sprots user sada
WAITING AXXIUSLY TO BE FIRST CUSTUMER OF THE NEW MEXICO DISH SERVICES RELATED: hoping t otest it soon

#5 OFFLINE   elbodude

elbodude

Legend

• Registered
  • 174 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:14 PM

Not just Oregon. I am 25 miles from Oakland and I just lost the channel as well.

#6 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:42 PM

Word is the dispute is resolved...
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#7 OFFLINE   Kheldar

Kheldar

Icon

• Registered
  • 773 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:11 PM

Word is the dispute is resolved...

Confirmed.
http://www.sfgate.co...&entry_id=40017:

**UPDATE**Comcast SportsNet's Tim Fitzpatrick confirms that DISH will carry tonight's game and the rest of the season.

George Bernard Shaw: "We learn from experience that men never learn anything from experience." ;) :D

The 50-50-90 Rule: "Whenever you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability that you will get it wrong." -- Unknown ;)

Heinlein's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

#8 OFFLINE   Chihuahua

Chihuahua

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 178 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:44 AM

I was able to watch the Kansas City Royals-Oakland Athletics contest Tuesday night on Dish Network.

That was a relatively brief dispute.:)

#9 OFFLINE   Kheldar

Kheldar

Icon

• Registered
  • 773 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:19 PM

You need the Internet to watch :(

Why?

http://www.dishnetwo...x?channel=51629

Protected By... spam firewall...And...