Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Any luck with combined XM/Sirius account

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jpellech

jpellech

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:04 AM

I already have two Sirius receivers and am now looking to put a new XM receiver in my new car (mostly to get MLB). Was wondering if anyone had any luck getting a deal with having an account with each service.

Seems stupid if I can't get any credit for being a subscriber to Sirius already, especially since they are hard up for subs.
DirecTV HR20 x 2, HR21
Sirius subscriber

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TERRYB2241

TERRYB2241

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:55 AM

:mad: I purchased a new vehicle in February that came with XM. I already had 4 Sirius units and wanted to combine them together but unable to. Just a way for them to get more money.

#3 OFFLINE   Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411

Icon

• Registered
  • 607 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:09 PM

I figured they'd make it hard. I have 4 M' and just bought a car with Sirius, but I am still in the free trial period. Ideally I 'd like to have it added to my XM account and add the best of XM in the car but I bet neither if those will be possible.

#4 OFFLINE   jpellech

jpellech

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:33 PM

I plan on calling XM customer retention if I can find a number somewhere. I started with an email but I know that will get no where but I just don't have time to make a call here at work. I'll keep the forum up to date. Thanks for the replies.
DirecTV HR20 x 2, HR21
Sirius subscriber

#5 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:14 PM

I have said it before and I'll say it again--the accounting for Sirius XM needs to be combined. It is hurting the business because people can't take advantage of combined accounts on their subs. And I don't understand at all why it isn't being done :shrug: Sirius XM is one of the most unmerged merged company that I have ever heard of :raspberry

#6 OFFLINE   djrobx

djrobx

Godfather

• Registered
  • 502 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:58 PM

Sirius XM is one of the most unmerged merged company that I have ever heard of

Sprint/nextel comes close. A few weeks ago one of the DJs on BPM kept repeating how we were supposed to check out the NEW MERGED WEBSITE at http://siriusxm.com . What kind of frakin joke is that?

#7 OFFLINE   jpellech

jpellech

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:22 AM

That merged website is hilarious. I think I read somewhere (not sure if it was here) that they have 3 years to combine accounting. But either way, a call to a handy customer service rep may save me some money. This would also be solved for me if they would include MLB on Best of XM package but that is a whole other thread.
DirecTV HR20 x 2, HR21
Sirius subscriber

#8 OFFLINE   SteveHas

SteveHas

Hall of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 03:07 PM

Had Sirius in my last car for 4 years. I just got a new Nissan with XM, tried to transfer my account to XM, and keep Howard and NFL for the same price.
Sirius customer retention said they were sorry, but it would "still be a year or so" before the two companies accounting systems were merged

ended up dumping Sirius, may not keep Xm after trial period, too much of an AS* ache...and I'm shareholder!

#9 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 07:20 AM

I just (in January 5 days before the sales tax was deductible and 1 week before I lost my job) got a new GM vehicle (stop laughing) and just got XM for 1 year for half-price. Even people with regular contracts were getting this deal when it was renewal time. Just tell them it's too expensive.

Had Sirius in my last car for 4 years. I just got a new Nissan with XM, tried to transfer my account to XM, and keep Howard and NFL for the same price.
Sirius customer retention said they were sorry, but it would "still be a year or so" before the two companies accounting systems were merged

ended up dumping Sirius, may not keep Xm after trial period, too much of an AS* ache...and I'm shareholder!

#10 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:14 PM

Sprint/nextel comes close. A few weeks ago one of the DJs on BPM kept repeating how we were supposed to check out the NEW MERGED WEBSITE at http://siriusxm.com . What kind of frakin joke is that?

Actually believe it or not it is a joke! Some guy who has nothing to do with either Sirius or XM put that up on his own. I don't know why the DJ didn't know this and I really don't know how that guy was able to use Sirius XM at that mock website he sat up :eek2: :rolleyes:

#11 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:27 PM

Actually believe it or not it is a joke! Some guy who has nothing to do with either Sirius or XM put that up on his own. I don't know why the DJ didn't know this and I really don't know how that guy was able to use Sirius XM at that mock website he sat up :eek2: :rolleyes:

Where did you hear that and what the hell are you even talking about?

Registrant:
Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.
1221 AVENUE OF THE AMERICAS FL 36
NEW YORK, NY10020-1001
US

Domain Name: SIRIUSXM.COM

http://www.networkso...ch/siriusxm.com
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

spam firewall