Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Does anyone have a current spot beam map for the 61.5 sat?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   aaronwt6

aaronwt6

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:33 AM

I have searched everywhere for this and have come up empty handed. The cablevision map for the spotbeams on the 61.5 sat does not match up with the beams listed for the local channels now carried.

Here is what I'm trying to figure out. I'll be setting a dish up at my uncles house in northern Michigan this summer. He also has a place in Green Bay, WI about 5 hours away but will be taking a receiver with him when he goes up there. I want to know if he will be able to receive the Green Bay HD channels from the 61.5 in Lanse, MI. Looks like he'll be fine on the SD feeds from the 110 for sure but I'd just assume use the Eastern Arc dish if possible for a 1 dish solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

aaronwt6

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:55 AM

Well, 5 hours away, he'll probably be outside the spot.
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#3 OFFLINE   Mertzen

Mertzen

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 11:20 AM

I wouldn't put too much face value on the cablevision map. It shows spot beams as circles which they aren't especially as far 'north' as MI. For the 61.5 they would be rather elliptical pointing northwest. It might just be a case of try and see what happens.
No longer doing DBS work, but missing every moment of it.

#4 OFFLINE   aaronwt6

aaronwt6

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:56 PM

I wouldn't put too much face value on the cablevision map. It shows spot beams as circles which they aren't especially as far 'north' as MI. For the 61.5 they would be rather elliptical pointing northwest. It might just be a case of try and see what happens.

I was afraid someone might say that. Well, the spots on the 61.5 are quite large compared to the newer E10 and Ciel II sats. That spot covers Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago, Grand Rapids, and Green Bay so maybe I'll get lucky. Thanks for the input guys and if anyone up in that area has a solid answer, please chime in.

Oh, and I definately agree with the inaccuracy of the map. I can vouche for it on the spotbeam for Atlanta. Also, it doesn't even show Green Bay being covered by a spot and obviously it is.

Thanks,

aaronwt6

#5 OFFLINE   Mertzen

Mertzen

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:02 PM

I've seen detailed spot maps but can't remember if they are for 100/119 or for 61.5. Let me dig some more.

#6 OFFLINE   Mertzen

Mertzen

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:15 PM

Ah, more info, no maps for 61.5 though: http://jameslong.name/

#7 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 38,670 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:30 PM

Yep ... I couldn't find the detailed files from the FCC for Rainbow 1.

Of course, subscribing to locals for a market that you're not in or using your receiver at a service address other than the one you have told DISH about isn't something we talk about here. If it happens to work then it will work, if not ... please don't complain.

#8 OFFLINE   aaronwt6

aaronwt6

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:05 AM

Yep ... I couldn't find the detailed files from the FCC for Rainbow 1.

Of course, subscribing to locals for a market that you're not in or using your receiver at a service address other than the one you have told DISH about isn't something we talk about here. If it happens to work then it will work, if not ... please don't complain.

Thanks James. I know the out of market locals are not up for discussion. Just that he's got a vacation home and his permanent addy is within the Green Bay market. He just travels up there ocasionally and would like to be able to carry a receiver with him. I'll be sure and let everyone know how it works out. I won't be up there til the end of July. Just trying to get an idea ahead of time.

Thanks again for everyone's input.

spam firewall