Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

RV with DNS - who gets PBS?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   PokerJoker

PokerJoker

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 476 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:20 PM

Okay, so I have an RV with a separate account that has the RV DNS channels activated.

When I sent in the DNS form, I checked the boxes for all the SD and HD feeds that were available, including CW and PBS.

What's happening is that I am getting everything I asked for *except* the PBS national feed, which I believe is channel 379. This channel shows an error 721, Channel Not Purchased.

So I go back and look at the form I sent in, and it says " PBS . . .may be available depending on your location".

I tried calling D* about this and the CSR I got was pretty useless. I will try calling back later, and I will try to get them to transfer me to the RV department, or whatever they are called. I've talked to them before and they know what to do.

But my question is, who does or does not qualify for the PBS DNS feed? Why would location make a difference - is that an East Coast/West Coast thing? This is a West Coast account.

Thanks for any help,

Keith

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Whodo

Whodo

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:42 PM

We Full-time (presently on west coast) and have East/West DNS with PBS and haven't found any location as yet that we weren't able to receive PBS on 379.
Now that doesn't mean that there may not be places where it won't be available for what ever reason.

Does your bill show that you are being charged for PBS?
It will be listed separately on the bill, worded like this (network: PBS - Mobile Monthly).

Protected By... spam firewall...And...