Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

cancel account

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   woodeye3

woodeye3

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:05 PM

I asked to have the dish put on a dif part of the roof. The installer selected it's present location. My location has equally clear line of sight as his location does.
BTW How do you include the post from the person you are responding to in your reply?
Jeff

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:54 AM

Use the "quote" button in the lower right of each message box.
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#23 OFFLINE   scoobyxj

scoobyxj

Godfather

• Registered
  • 253 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:27 AM

I asked to have the dish put on a dif part of the roof. The installer selected it's present location. My location has equally clear line of sight as his location does.
BTW How do you include the post from the person you are responding to in your reply?
Jeff

If the location you are wanting requires him to get off the ladder, and step onto the roof then yes "I" would consider it unreasonable. Unless it's an only option for LOS you do not want to have to leave your ladder. If you ever need service in the winter few techs will climb onto a snow covered roof. Even the slightest bit of snow on even a shallow pitched roof can be dangerous to walk on.

Now as for using struts on a 1000.4 it is a must. The dishes are extreamly sensitive, and heavy enough that they will move the mast no matter how tight you think you have the bolts without the strut kit.

If you want to try to re-peak the dish yourself you want to use the fine tuning adjustments on the dish. First loosen the two El lock bolts on each side (and if he even tightened it the top bolt on the El adjustment bolt) then you can use the bottom El adjustment bolt to fine tune the EL. As for the Az there is a locking bolt on the left side of the mast plate, and a plastic adjuster on the right. Again loosen the bolt, and use the plastic adjuster to fine tune the Az. As far as the Sk I suggest leaving it alone. Unless the installing tech set it wrong from the beginning it won't need adjusted.

#24 OFFLINE   woodeye3

woodeye3

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:38 AM

How do I identify what antena I have . I'm using 2 vip722's. I'm not at my home right now but I think the mast does have two braces/support leg as well as the main mast.

#25 OFFLINE   scoobyxj

scoobyxj

Godfather

• Registered
  • 253 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:28 AM

Menu 6-1-1 will take you to the point dish screen. Highlight the check switch option and press select. It will tell you what three sats you are looking at and what LNB/s you have. 1k.2= 1000.2, 1k.4=1000.4, 110 119, and 61.5 would require two dishes.

A properly tuned 1k.4 will have sig strengths in the low 50's to mid 60's
72.7 (72 on your IRD) Tr 17 should be over 60
61.5 Tr 18 over 50
77.7 (77 on your IRD) Tr 4 over 48
Is what I consider acceptable

#26 OFFLINE   woodeye3

woodeye3

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 04:06 PM

It would appear that I have a 1K.4. The #s are 72==44 77==52 61.5 == no reading some times then 52 if I go back to reg tv then back into into point dish screen.
Jeff

Protected By... spam firewall...And...