Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

VIP612 Lockups and Reboots

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   SparkynMS

SparkynMS

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:25 PM

I know its not a receiver issue. The various techs that come out replace it. I try explaining it to them but all they want to do is replace the receiver and leave. The advance techs on the phone all have a different opinion and havent heard of the reboot issue before.
Yes it reboots at those times according to the Sys info details I saw once. Sat 110 had a red X and the other 2 were green.
SW is L646. The last Tech told me that I was sent a special SW and that it is being monitored at Dish Network. If it reboots they will know it. Is this true or is he pulling my leg?
I cant swap the 2 receivers overnight as TV2 on the 722 wont have a signal and the guy that watches that wont put up with it.

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_0909.JPG

Edited by SparkynMS, 01 June 2011 - 05:40 PM.

#27 OFFLINE   SparkynMS

SparkynMS

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:57 PM

After many calls I was finally able to convince them to replace the 612 with a 722 with no new contract and no price difference for the 1st year. No more reboots and the 722k works great!
2 weeks ago we were experiencing HD channels going in and out on our old 722. The signal was around 30 on the old 722 and 75 with the new 722k. The guy came out and replaced the LNB and other stuff then came to the conclusion it was the 722 so he replaced it with a 722k and now I can watch HD again.

#28 OFFLINE   Tulsa1

Tulsa1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 255 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:00 AM

After many calls I was finally able to convince them to replace the 612 with a 722 with no new contract and no price difference for the 1st year. No more reboots and the 722k works great!
2 weeks ago we were experiencing HD channels going in and out on our old 722. The signal was around 30 on the old 722 and 75 with the new 722k. The guy came out and replaced the LNB and other stuff then came to the conclusion it was the 722 so he replaced it with a 722k and now I can watch HD again.

Did you have to purchase an OTA module?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...