Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Watching a recorded WWE ppv?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   KoRn

KoRn

Legend

• Registered
  • 252 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:10 AM

We ordered the live event Judgement Day ppv earlier today. I set it to record since some people missed it for they can watch it again. I hope I did not screw the pooch and going to get charged twice. Because when I hit play. Right before it started. It said the ppv was $49.95 in the top right corner. But I did not get a prompt or any thing to buy it again like you usually do when you watch it live. Am I safe from not getting charged twice? When we had cable. I was able to do this with out a problem.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,725 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:27 AM

Did you set it to Buy and Record?!! If you did not OR failed to purchase before you recorded. (I've done that before with a TNA PPV) then you'll have a blank recording.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#3 OFFLINE   KoRn

KoRn

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 252 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:31 AM

I actually hit record in the middle of the live ppv. It ended up recording the whole thing.

#4 OFFLINE   VandyCWG

VandyCWG

Godfather

• Registered
  • 408 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:03 AM

I too have done something similar with a TNA ppv, and you will only get charged after you confirm the charge. One confirmation, one charge.

But you should check out TNA, better quality than WWE.

Spring Hill, TN (Nashville DMA)

Receiving Equipment: SWM 3 Slimline | Full DECA cloud
Living Room: Mini C31 | LG 55" LED
Bonus Room: HR44-700 | Sharp 70" 3D LED | Sony STR-DN1040 | PS3 | Slingbox Pro-HD | Slingbox SOLO
Master Bedroom: HR24-500 | Westinghouse 40"
Man Cave: Mini C31 | 
LG 55" LED
Computer/Networking: Windows 7 /WMP12 | Netgear R6300 | 50/5 Charter HSI
Mobile Phones Verizon - Droid Razr MAXX, Rooted 4.1.1

#5 OFFLINE   KoRn

KoRn

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 252 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:17 AM

Sounds good thanks. I watch TNA as well. Both WWE and TNA are not as good as they use to be. Still a fan though. My current fav. is actually ROH. Ring Of Honor if you never heard of it. They just got a tv deal not to long ago and they are on HDNET every Saturday. Kicks the crap out of both WWE and TNA. All wrestling with no BS. :D

#6 OFFLINE   TimGoodwin

TimGoodwin

Icon

• Registered
  • 596 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 04:59 AM

Sounds good thanks. I watch TNA as well. Both WWE and TNA are not as good as they use to be. Still a fan though. My current fav. is actually ROH. Ring Of Honor if you never heard of it. They just got a tv deal not to long ago and they are on HDNET every Saturday. Kicks the crap out of both WWE and TNA. All wrestling with no BS. :D

I think the best thing about wrestling is the BS. I usually record TNA and just FF through the matches to get to the microphone work and the run ins.:D
2 HR-20 700's
1 HR24-500
1 AM21
All receivers are networked

8 Port SWM
OTA Feeding all receivers
Slimline Dish
DLS 15MB's- FIOS

#7 OFFLINE   nitty316

nitty316

Legend

• Registered
  • 216 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:30 AM

Not to turn this into a Wrestling thread but that made me chuckle.

#8 OFFLINE   zimm7778

zimm7778

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:09 PM

When I recorded Backlash, I went to bed and decided to watch it a few days later. I got the search for authorization message. So be warned, you may now only have a few hours to watch a recorded ppv event now on your DVR also. Luckily I recorded Backlash live while it was happening and didn't wait until later to do that.

#9 OFFLINE   hbkbiggestfan

hbkbiggestfan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 405 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 04:25 PM

I too find this statement to be hilarious:lol:
But to each it's own I guess.

I hope we don't get the 24-hour rule for PPV Events now. That would suck especially considering what we pay for those shows. $40, $50, $60 and up!
<Living Room HR34-700-Networked Wireless CCK*-w/ LiL-HDMI-Vizio E601i-a3 60" 1080p LED HDTV> <Master Bedroom HR24-100-Networked COAX*-w/ LiL*HDMI-Olevia 37" LCD HDTV>
<Man Cave HR24-100-Networked COAX*-w/ LiL-HDMI-Samsung 46" LN46B530 1080p LCD HDTV> *Linksys Router <Backup Equipment HR22-100, H21-200, R15 and SD DIRECTiVo>
DIRECTV Since August 2002. Thanks for DLB & MRV DIRECTV!

NFL Sunday Ticket + Superfan since 2004 Go KC Chiefs!

#10 OFFLINE   VandyCWG

VandyCWG

Godfather

• Registered
  • 408 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 04:28 PM

Not to turn this into a Wrestling thread but that made me chuckle.

I too find this statement to be hilarious:lol:
But to each it's own I guess.

I hope we don't get the 24-hour rule for PPV Events now. That would suck especially considering what we pay for those shows. $40, $50, $60 and up!

To each his own, right?

I just got turned off from WWE a couple of years ago...after WCW was bought out, it just got really stale, and I haven't gotten into it since.

TNA, to me, is refreshing, and different. I just wish they would fire Vince Russo and hire Paul Heyman!

And as for ROH, I know what that is, and the talent is there, but still, production does not match TNA or come close to WWE.

Spring Hill, TN (Nashville DMA)

Receiving Equipment: SWM 3 Slimline | Full DECA cloud
Living Room: Mini C31 | LG 55" LED
Bonus Room: HR44-700 | Sharp 70" 3D LED | Sony STR-DN1040 | PS3 | Slingbox Pro-HD | Slingbox SOLO
Master Bedroom: HR24-500 | Westinghouse 40"
Man Cave: Mini C31 | 
LG 55" LED
Computer/Networking: Windows 7 /WMP12 | Netgear R6300 | 50/5 Charter HSI
Mobile Phones Verizon - Droid Razr MAXX, Rooted 4.1.1

spam firewall