Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Advertisement for Comcast

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dorfd1

dorfd1

Icon

• Registered
  • 969 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:59 PM

why is comcrap advertised on a satellite discussion forum?

Edited by dorfd1, 21 May 2009 - 08:36 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   houskamp

houskamp

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,636 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:04 PM

Might it be better to advertize on a cable forum to people that already have it? :lol:

AKA: SMOKE
MRV was all that's left on my wishlist (wishlist done) :D

#3 OFFLINE   tcusta00

tcusta00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:05 PM

why is comcrap advertised on a satellite discussion forum?

Might it be better to advertize on a cable forum to people that already have it? :lol:

And.... we're done. :lol:

#4 OFFLINE   Zellio

Zellio

Icon

• Banned User
  • 643 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:56 PM

Because Satellite tv users need some form of REAL internet (Cable/Fiber, not specifically saying Comcast) and not satellite internet...

Or 1.5 megs-6 megs dsl which is almost as bad...

If the advertisement is for Comcrap tv (Haven't seen it), well then I'm stumped.

#5 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,878 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:43 PM

...because we don't have the granular control over ads that we'd sometimes like. They come in a package.

DBSTalk Club members have the option of suppressing some of the ads... it's something worth considering.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#6 OFFLINE   roadrunner1782

roadrunner1782

Icon

• Registered
  • 748 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:40 PM

...because we don't have the granular control over ads that we'd sometimes like. They come in a package.

DBSTalk Club members have the option of suppressing some of the ads... it's something worth considering.

We do? Just kidding!:lol:

#7 OFFLINE   paulman182

paulman182

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:59 AM

Stuart, are you saying you would prevent them from advertising if you could?

Equipment includes a buncha stuff that I no longer have interest in detailing

#8 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,878 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:05 PM

I'm saying that it's not my choice.

At any rate, they are an advertiser, and entitled to at least some respect, so here's the decision of the staff on this: We'd rather the term "Comcrap" not be used in thread titles. The title has been changed.

#9 OFFLINE   solmakou

solmakou

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:58 PM

Man web advertisements, I remember when I used to see those, I may turn off my blocker for nostalgia tonight :D

#10 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,320 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:03 PM

As a satisfied Comcast customer and a Dish subscriber as well, I have long objected to the continual dissing of cable companies, and Comcast in particular. I have also objected to a permissive attitude that has continued to allow posts with inflammatory references against other providers, the cablecos in particular, to whom some of us still subscribe. If I can't 'dis' Directv or Dish, and why would I, why should those few immature sat fanboys be able to get away with their childish, repetitive 'comcrap' crap?

Thank you for taking a stand on this issue.

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#11 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:27 PM

As a satisfied Comcast customer and a Dish subscriber as well, I have long objected to the continual dissing of cable companies, and Comcast in particular. I have also objected to a permissive attitude that has continued to allow posts with inflammatory references against other providers, the cablecos in particular, to whom some of us still subscribe. If I can't 'dis' Directv or Dish, and why would I, why should those few immature sat fanboys be able to get away with their childish, repetitive 'comcrap' crap?

Oh the irony. :rolleyes:
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#12 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,114 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:10 PM

If I can't 'dis' Directv or Dish, and why would I, why should those few immature sat fanboys be able to get away with their childish, repetitive 'comcrap' crap?

Who says you can't? The forums have plenty of posts from people complaining about service providers they don't subscribe to. Their comments are often discounted because they don't know what they are talking about or are rehashing some old complaint from years ago when they subscribed. The same treatment as those who think Comcast is crap receive.

There is no longer a Comcast feedline leading to my home. The previous owner had the service ... I had Comcast for high speed internet --- but service outages were too frequent and too long. So I took a stand ... :D

#13 OFFLINE   solmakou

solmakou

Legend

• Registered
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:10 PM

As a satisfied Comcast customer and a Dish subscriber as well, I have long objected to the continual dissing of cable companies, and Comcast in particular.

I must find out how you are satisfied, every month (or at least it seems like it) I have to call Comcast who are not open before I go to work, nor after. This month it's I received a late notice on my account by e-mail 3 times in one night, 12:30AM 4:00AM and 6:10AM even though it went through on my autopay just fine.

I had Comcast for high speed internet --- but service outages were too frequent and too long. So I took a stand ... :D

That was last months call!

Edited by solmakou, 21 May 2009 - 05:20 PM.

#14 OFFLINE   roadrunner1782

roadrunner1782

Icon

• Registered
  • 748 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:42 PM

I don't have any issues at all with Comcast, but then again Time Warner serves my area. I also have no issues with them since I never have any problems with my internet service. Ok maybe never is a stretch, I'll use the term very rarely!

#15 OFFLINE   dorfd1

dorfd1

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 969 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:10 PM

comcrap does give people a neutral internet connection

check the video out.

#16 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,878 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:02 AM

OK, I've done all I can here. The question has been asked and answered. I'm closing this thread.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...