Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish website

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Wilf

Wilf

Legend

• Registered
  • 211 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:34 AM

I have difficulty in logging on to see my account on the Dish website. It is so sloooooow. Sometimes it hangs or won't let me enter my ID/PW. I have always felt that Dish website designers were teenagers high on something they shouldn't be taking.

I admit I am using Adblock, but this is the only site I have problems with. I was so frustrated, that the last time i was finally able to logon, I cancelled paperless billing.

I use Firefox and Ubuntu, so malware is extremely unlikely. If Dish wants folks to go paperless, I would think their website should be -- well more businesslike, without the flashing images and dancing whatchamacallits.

Wilf

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,411 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:02 AM

Interesting...

IE8 works just fine for me.

Can you temporarily turn off Adblock?
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#3 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,153 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:17 AM

I was on this morning, no problems here. In fact it seemed faster than normal.

#4 OFFLINE   SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:19 AM

I use Firefox and Ubuntu, so malware is extremely unlikely. ...

Wilf,

I use Firefox and have no such issues. (Not sure what has to do with the likelihood of malware. :confused:

#5 OFFLINE   Wilf

Wilf

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 211 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:42 AM

I think I have figured it out, and I don't know why I haven't run into it before. I clean out my cookies now and then, and dishnetwork.com basically hangs when there is no pre-existing cookie. Other websites let you log in anyway and they then set a new cookie. I see this as a HTML programming bug.

I stand by my comment that a page for accessing account info should be less jazzed up.

Wilf

#6 OFFLINE   4HiMarks

4HiMarks

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,285 posts
  • LocationLaurel, MD

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:01 PM

I haven't looked at their code, but I agree with you in general. The Dish web site sucks. It is never up-to-date, you can't find anything, they don't even have half the stuff they should, and what's left is extremely confusing. I bet there are better LOLcat pages out there.
Dish subscriber since 2000, HD since 2004.

#7 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,133 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:21 PM

I have always felt that Dish website designers were teenagers high on something they shouldn't be taking.

I know that the website is handled by Darryl and his other brother Darryl. (Their now estranged brother Larry to whom they don't talk is in charge of Public Relations and Marketing.):rolleyes:

spam firewall