Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Surrogates,in theaters Fall 2009

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Steve615

Steve615

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,424 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN area

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:27 PM

From comingsoon.net:
I've been keeping an occasional eye out for news on this film for awhile.
The forthcoming film from Touchstone Pictures/Disney starring Bruce Willis is based on a graphic novel.
The film also stars Ving Rhames,Radha Mitchell and Rosamund Pike.
It is currently slated for theatrical release on 9/25/09,but I wouldn't be surprised to see that date change.
The film has not been rated at this time.
More info at the following link.

http://www.comingsoo...ms.php?id=39442

The following link goes to the film's official site.

http://chooseyoursurrogate.com/

Steve

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Steve615

Steve615

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,424 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN area

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:37 PM

Here is a link to a trailer for the film,from comingsoon.net.

http://www.comingsoo...ws.php?id=55741

Steve

#3 OFFLINE   BobbySteelz

BobbySteelz

Godfather

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:05 PM

Really looking forward to this one. After watching the trailer, I'm even more excited. Seeing Bruce Willis in another thriller sci-fi is ok in my book. I think he's awesome in this "detective" roles, so I'm hoping he has another hit in this movie.

#4 OFFLINE   Steve615

Steve615

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,424 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN area

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:29 PM

Really looking forward to this one. After watching the trailer, I'm even more excited. Seeing Bruce Willis in another thriller sci-fi is ok in my book. I think he's awesome in this "detective" roles, so I'm hoping he has another hit in this movie.

Agreed. :)
I've been a fan of his work for many years,and this film looks like it may be pretty good.

Steve

#5 OFFLINE   BobbySteelz

BobbySteelz

Godfather

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 11:19 AM

Yea, I think he's a really good actor, he knows what he's good at and sticks to it. As for the film itself, it's based off a graphic novel by Robert Venditti, so you know it will be a solid story. Have you read the graphic novel or heard of it prior to hearing about the film?

#6 OFFLINE   BobbySteelz

BobbySteelz

Godfather

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 12:55 PM

Here's the official one-sheet for the film. What do you think of it? Seems like Willis has his classic "detective, crime solving" face on. Pretty good poster.

#7 OFFLINE   Steve615

Steve615

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,424 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN area

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:22 PM

I haven't heard of the graphic novel before.
I started seeing bits and pieces of news about the film popping up online....just a Bruce Willis fan for many years. :)

Yea, I think he's a really good actor, he knows what he's good at and sticks to it. As for the film itself, it's based off a graphic novel by Robert Venditti, so you know it will be a solid story. Have you read the graphic novel or heard of it prior to hearing about the film?

Steve

#8 OFFLINE   Steve615

Steve615

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,424 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN area

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:28 PM

Agreed in regards to the poster....Willis appears to have his game face on for the film. :D

Here's the official one-sheet for the film. What do you think of it? Seems like Willis has his classic "detective, crime solving" face on. Pretty good poster.

Steve

#9 OFFLINE   BobbySteelz

BobbySteelz

Godfather

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:45 PM

The graphic novel is written by a guy named Robert Venditti, and it's about how perhaps technology isolates us from the outside world. You can check out an interview he did with Sci-Fi Wire here. As for Willis, I'm a fan as well. He's just a good all around actor. He's believable in his comedy roles, and can also play action cop ala John Mcclain. What do you think you top 3 Bruce Willis movies are?

#10 OFFLINE   Steve615

Steve615

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,424 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN area

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:36 PM

My top 3 Willis movies at this time would be:

1. Die Hard I

2. Color Of Night

3. Hostage

Steve

#11 OFFLINE   BobbySteelz

BobbySteelz

Godfather

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 06:10 PM

The entire Die Hard franchise is I think really entertaining, I even like the newest one that came out last summer was it? I just think Willis is pretty charismatic. There's not a lot of actors out there that can do comedy and drama as well as he can. The Whole 9 Yards I thought he was really funny in, and have you ever seen him do any late night talk shows? He's always really great on those.

#12 OFFLINE   clueless

clueless

Legend

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 03:16 PM

I've always wished he and Cybill Shepard would do Moonlighting The Movie.

#13 OFFLINE   BobbySteelz

BobbySteelz

Godfather

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 04:37 PM

I've only seen a few episodes of that show (it dates me a bit), but from what I've seen it seemed like an awesome show, very self aware. Crazy to think how long ago that show was, and how long Willis has had a successful career for.

Going back to Surrogates, there's a brand new video out that's pretty cool. It's a behind the scenes look that talks about the robots and shows some stuff from real life where surrogates are being used. The footage from the film is looking pretty good.

#14 OFFLINE   BobbySteelz

BobbySteelz

Godfather

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:01 PM

Here's another excellent video for anyone that's excited for the film. It's definitely my favorite video that I've seen yet. It gives some background on the movie and story with cast and crew interviews and shows some new footage. It has me excited.

Edited by BobbySteelz, 17 September 2009 - 12:01 PM.

#15 OFFLINE   Steve615

Steve615

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,424 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN area

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:16 PM

I've noticed the film is getting more publicity with previews/ads on several TV channels within the last week or so.

Steve

#16 OFFLINE   Steve615

Steve615

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,424 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN area

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:21 PM

Thanks for the link.

That was a very good "behind the scenes" look at the film. :)

Here's another excellent video for anyone that's excited for the film. It's definitely my favorite video that I've seen yet. It gives some background on the movie and story with cast and crew interviews and shows some new footage. It has my excited.

Steve

#17 OFFLINE   BobbySteelz

BobbySteelz

Godfather

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:00 PM

Yea, I've definitely see a publicity increase for the film as the release date gets closer. Also, glad to hear you like the video too, I thought it was a great featurette that gave some good insight without giving too much of the plot away.

I also just saw on IMDb that the run time for the film is 104 minutes. That seems like a pretty perfect length. I've been hating the movies lately that push two hours. I love that this one is just a little over an hour and a half.

#18 OFFLINE   dave29

dave29

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,830 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 02:43 PM

Last night was the first time that I have seen the preview for this movie.

It looks pretty awesome, can't wait to see it.

#19 OFFLINE   BobbySteelz

BobbySteelz

Godfather

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 02:12 PM

Pumped that it will be coming out next Friday, I plan to check it out some time next weekend. For anyone who loves to see as much footage as possible before seeing it in theaters, here's some good news... This week they released a new trailer for the film, that can be seen here. It's pretty good, and really gives you a good idea of what the plot of the film is. Also, Yahoo! Movies has 3 clips up that gave me the feeling that this film we have plenty of action.

#20 OFFLINE   WestDC

WestDC

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:15 PM

Can't wait for it to be on PPV 10/15

Protected By... spam firewall...And...