Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

why is hd first to go?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   satguy22

satguy22

Legend

• Registered
  • 120 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 12:50 PM

Anyone know why is hd channels the first to go during a rain strom? I can switch to a dt channel and it is working just fine. The dish is set in the mid 90's.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   PCampbell

PCampbell

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 12:58 PM

SD is 12GHZ and HD is 18GHZ. The higher the frequency the more rain can block it.

DirecTV since 1996

Slimline 5 SWM 16
HR24-100
HR24-500
HR24-500

HR44-500
ATT uverse internet

#3 OFFLINE   tnsprin

tnsprin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:19 PM

SD is 12GHZ and HD is 18GHZ. The higher the frequency the more rain can block it.

???? not sure what you are referring to. Similar frequencies are used by DIsh for both SD and HD transponders. The difference being how many channels they squeeze into each transponders.

Actually I do not see what the Original posters is referring to. But it must be remembered that most HD comes from different satellites than most of the sd. 61.5 for many customers including all eastern ARC. 129 for the other customers.

Because I use 61.5 and 110/119 sometime my HD's stay and the SD are lost, and vice versa.
Ex Dish subscriber
Fios TV subscriber on 3/8/10

#4 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,066 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:21 PM

He's a D* user, where HD is on Ka band, and looks like he didn't notice the post in in the Dish forums.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...