Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

iPhone App Soon? New Online Channels Available from Sirius

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   boulder_gp

boulder_gp

Mentor

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:28 AM

Something is apparently in the works - Since the demise of StarPlayr (a free app that streamed to my Mac using my Sirius online account that I had upgraded to 128k), I've been using Rouge Amoeba's Pulsar app on my desktop to stream Sirius XM. Has always had a limited subset of the available channels - the same as the free online streaming from Sirius' web site. Today every channel is available for streaming, even some that do not appear to be available on the channel listing located on Sirius' web site. Hopefully will be the same for the iPhone app.

Here is a link to Gizmodo's post of a screen shot of the iPhone app.

New news confirming the 20 new SIR channels from Satwaves.

Edited by boulder_gp, 05 June 2009 - 08:51 PM.
Link to Gizmodo added + link to Satwaves

HR20-700 connected via HDMI to Samsung LN-52A650 (R.I.P. Toshiba 50H81) (networked)
HR20-100 connected via HDMI to Samsung LN-S2651D (networked)
HR20-700 connected via HDMI to Samsung LN-S3251D (networked)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jfalkingham

jfalkingham

Godfather

• Registered
  • 335 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:27 PM

If they went to a Slacker model, I'd be more apt to keep using it. I was hooked to my Stiletto 100, then Stiletto 2, but since I found Slacker (on my BlackBerry) I have no need for 'stream jockeys' talking over the music. Some of the better stations on Sirius are gone, and others have gotten worse. There is more talking now (Sirius was always horrible at this, XM much better). I'll continue to use Sirius for the live content via Satellite on a plane, but for music, I'm all about Slacker an no annoying voice-overs.

spam firewall