Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Just secured NFL Sunday Ticket With Superfan Free For 2009

• Please log in to reply
870 replies to this topic

#621 OFFLINE   MattDing

MattDing

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 08:52 PM

I called in this weekend and got my SuperFan comped for the season.

I appreciate DirecTV helping us out but I resent having to play this game every year.
$370 is just way too much to pay and I would have canceled after 12 seasons if I hadn't gotten some sort of a deal.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#622 OFFLINE   btalbott

btalbott

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:25 PM

I disagree about the threatining to cancel part. Call during normal business horus and ask for a manager. Be firm but not rude and you should come away with a good offer.
Im guessing in 2010 the price will be over $300 just for the package

I'm not saying threaten to cancel, saying cancel at the voice prompts seems to get you to the right people who have any authorization (maybe other than a supervisor) to give you the best deal. I didn't want to have to go through the process of asking for a manager. I wasn't expecting to get what I got, as I would have been ok with just not having the package this year.
You are probably right about the package price for 2010.

#623 OFFLINE   dtrell

dtrell

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:19 AM

I called in this weekend and got my SuperFan comped for the season.

I appreciate DirecTV helping us out but I resent having to play this game every year.
$370 is just way too much to pay and I would have canceled after 12 seasons if I hadn't gotten some sort of a deal.

if i were you i would call back until you got the 20 dollars a month for 6 monnths off as well. if youve had it for 12 years, they should give it to you in a heartbeat.

#624 OFFLINE   NardVa

NardVa

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:21 AM

Directv is funny. I called and said I wanted to see about lowering the price of NFL Sunday Ticket due to it becoming too expensive. I also referenced a few co workers of mine were able to take advantage of a 20 discount for 6 months. She said hold on and let me see what I can do for you. She offered me free Showtime or Starz for 3 months. I'm like how is that gone help me with the cost of Nfl Sunday Ticket. The only movie channel I'm subscribed to right now is HBO. So giving me free Showtime or Starz, which I don't have, doesn't save any money on Sunday Ticket. I politely said no thank you. I guess I have to call back and play csr roulette.

#625 OFFLINE   Red Dog

Red Dog

Godfather

• Registered
  • 411 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:05 AM

For those who got the $20 off/6 mos + Free SF deal, did you actually get the $99 SF credit on your bill? I ask because I got charged the first monthly $16.50 for SF and there is no sign of the free SF on my 8/2/09 billing statement. I made this deal on July 2.

#626 OFFLINE   bixler

bixler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:44 AM

For those who got the $20 off/6 mos + Free SF deal, did you actually get the $99 SF credit on your bill? I ask because I got charged the first monthly $16.50 for SF and there is no sign of the free SF on my 8/2/09 billing statement. I made this deal on July 2.

Yes, I was charged $99 for the Super Fan and credited $99 for it as well. Could see it while I was on the phone with the rep.

#627 OFFLINE   dtrell

dtrell

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:42 AM

mins just says "free superfan" on a line item on my bill. i was not billed for Sf, just the first payment of ST for 45, after the 20 credit was applied previously

#628 OFFLINE   Rakul

Rakul

Slacker

• Registered
  • 623 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:45 AM

No mine just said Free Superfan on the bill:

07/07 03/06 NFL SUNDAY TICKET SuperFan 09 Special Free Offer 0.00
All on SWMLine:
HR22-100 > HDMI > Samsung 4665 LCD [Networked]
HR20-100S > HDMI > Samsung 4665 LCD [Networked]
HR20-700 > HDMI > Insignia NS-LCD26-09 LCD [Networked]
HR21-100 > HDMI > Samsung 26B360 LCD [Networked]
Full Setup

#629 OFFLINE   Red Dog

Red Dog

Godfather

• Registered
  • 411 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 11:30 AM

Sigh. I guess this means another phone call, goddamn it.

#630 OFFLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,629 posts
  • LocationPequannock, NJ

Posted 03 August 2009 - 11:59 AM

Im guessing in 2010 the price will be over $300 just for the package

The renewal early bird was $275.94....i dont see it going up over $24.06 next year.

#631 OFFLINE   BuffaloDenny

BuffaloDenny

Icon

• Registered
  • 691 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:24 PM

I had to call back and get the $16.50 credited. Then they removed SF and added it back on as a comp.

On a separate note, I had my 1st $20 credit posted to my account on 6/29. I have yet to see another credit. I called back in and they said it was set up correctly to apply the credit for 6 months. But something seems fishy. One would expect the credit to show up on the 29th for the next 5 months, including 7/29 which just passed.
HR20-100S/Seagate
H20-100
Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Plasma
Pioneer Elite AVR SC-05
Toshiba HD-A1 HD DVD
Sony PS3 Blu-Ray

#632 OFFLINE   doritoofdeath

doritoofdeath

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:33 PM

I had already paid the first installment, and I have a credit of $20 showing up already. That will make $40 off next payment, then 20 the rest of the way.

#633 OFFLINE   dub2501

dub2501

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:25 PM

Thought I'd share my experience, I called today - last year I got the "new customer" deal - free Premier, just pay for ST - this year I called the main number, said "cancel service" - spoke with the first CSR rep - gave the usual story, "noticed my bill was $160 this month, realized it was ST auto-renewal charge and I can't afford it this time out" - she offered me a $10 a month credit - I said it's still too much, I just can't afford it, she then immediately offered the free SF - +:) $20 off a month, so five payments of $25.00 extra total for ST and SF.

I have to say I'm pleased, between the free Premier last year and spending $125 or so for ST and SF. The CSR was really friendly, I was polite, the call lasted less than 5 mins and I can see the credit in my account online already.

I know people tire of playing this game, but to me, it's worth it, 5 mins of it to save XX -

#634 OFFLINE   ttubbiola

ttubbiola

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:49 PM

I just called also and could almost copy/paste the previous post.

Just said "cancel Sunday Ticket" at the first prompt and then told the CSR that times are a little tough and what can I do to lower my bill. He went from there and I ended up with the $20/mo off ST, free SuperFan and a $10/mo credit for 12 months for my regular HD service charge.

I am extremely pleased with that result.

#635 OFFLINE   Yank731

Yank731

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:24 PM

I've subscribed to ST since '96 and got SF free the last few years. Just got off the phone with CSR after saying "Cancel service" at first prompt and got $20 off my bill for the next 6 months.

#636 OFFLINE   UTVLamented

UTVLamented

Legend

• Registered
  • 226 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:28 AM

I had Sunday Ticket for 12 years but cancelled in May as I need to cut costs. Last night I was called by Directv and they offered me the new customer deal (NFL for 59.99 x 5 with free Premiere and DVR for 5 months). I asked about free Superfan and they said I would have to call customer service about that. So I declined the offer and called the customer service number and explained I would take the deal if they could throw in Superfan for free. He put me on hold for a minute and came back and said he could. Set me up within minutes.

This is a great deal. Bottom line it's like getting Sunday Ticket/Superfan and all the premiums free for the next 5 months. I love Directv!

"Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in" - Michael Corleone, Godfather III
1 HR-20 700
1 HR-20 100
1 DTivo Series 1
1 DTivo Series 2

#637 OFFLINE   SteveHas

SteveHas

Hall of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:16 AM

No mine just said Free Superfan on the bill:

07/07 03/06 NFL SUNDAY TICKET SuperFan 09 Special Free Offer 0.00

me too

#638 OFFLINE   DrZ

DrZ

Godfather

• Registered
  • 337 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:56 AM

I had Sunday Ticket for 12 years but cancelled in May as I need to cut costs. Last night I was called by Directv and they offered me the new customer deal (NFL for 59.99 x 5 with free Premiere and DVR for 5 months). I asked about free Superfan and they said I would have to call customer service about that. So I declined the offer and called the customer service number and explained I would take the deal if they could throw in Superfan for free. He put me on hold for a minute and came back and said he could. Set me up within minutes.

This is a great deal. Bottom line it's like getting Sunday Ticket/Superfan and all the premiums free for the next 5 months. I love Directv!

"Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in" - Michael Corleone, Godfather III

Huh. I've had it for 5 years and canceled last week. I wonder if that call is in my future.

#639 OFFLINE   chiefillini99

chiefillini99

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:28 AM

I just made my third call in 2 days to try to subscribe to ST for the forst time. I have been with Direct for 2 years now but have never had ST. My first 2 calls, both yesterday, ended with no offers of any discounted rate. $400 for ST with SF. I called today and spoke with a very nice gentleman who told me he knew there was an override to give SF for free but he didnt have access and would have to transfer me to someone else. She ended up giving me SF for free and giving me a $10 credit for 6 months if I paid $299 for ST in one payment. I took the deal so I am basically getting ST+ SF for $240. Not quite as good a deal as others on here but I figured it was the best I would get since I have never subscibed before. Thanks to everyone who has posted on here!

#640 OFFLINE   NardVa

NardVa

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 12:34 PM

Directv is funny. I called and said I wanted to see about lowering the price of NFL Sunday Ticket due to it becoming too expensive. I also referenced a few co workers of mine were able to take advantage of a 20 discount for 6 months. She said hold on and let me see what I can do for you. She offered me free Showtime or Starz for 3 months. I'm like how is that gone help me with the cost of Nfl Sunday Ticket. The only movie channel I'm subscribed to right now is HBO. So giving me free Showtime or Starz, which I don't have, doesn't save any money on Sunday Ticket. I politely said no thank you. I guess I have to call back and play csr roulette.

I called back today which makes my 2nd attempt. This time instead of hinting at what I wanted to get from the rep I just told the rep I was thinking about canceling Sunday Ticket to save a few dollars. The rep was actually proactive and she let me know about the 20.00 discount for 6 months. She also brought Superfan into the conversation and I was like Superfan is nice but I can't afford to pay an extra 100.00. She then proactively offered to give me Superfan for free. From what I read on the forum and from my personal experience there is no right or wrong way to get the discount on Sunday Ticket with free Superfan. It really just depends on the rep's willingness to help you.

spam firewall