Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,499 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:55 AM

Did any of you catch this last night? :nono2:

This is a super turd of a show and I can’t believe they treat us peasants this way. At different times in the first episode I was like WTF, that team lost the food privilege and the winning team was told not to give any part of there food to the losers. That didn’t work, they all shared the winners food.

Another part was a contest for tribe leader and it was a total fail of a Competition from cheating by holding onto posts that had a bucket of some kind of sludge that if tipped onto person, said person would lose. Well said person did lose but was wearing a rain coat so she wouldn’t get her hair dirty, I guess.

There were so many things that should have insulted your intelligence. :mad:

And then I get my first glimpse of a married couple that are supposedly so popular that even people that live in the Uganda Jungle talk about them all day long. But for some reason I have never heard of them until last night, this couples name, the “Hills”. :confused:I must be living under a rock because I have never heard of them until last night.

I could go on but would rather be entertained by your thoughts on this show if you have any? :)

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dave29

dave29

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,828 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:00 AM

The show seemed fake as hell to me. Especially their camp. Looks like a big set.

#3 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,499 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:08 AM

The show seemed fake as hell to me. Especially their camp. Looks like a big set.

It did look like a set and did you notice the cameras were painted camouflage?:lol:

Pioneer VSX-1120
Comcast Triple Play

#4 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,649 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:11 AM

Since I was doing stuff around the house and wasn't really going to be able to pay much attention to anything for any length of time, I left NBC on last night and all I can say is I don't think they could concoct a worse show if they tried. That was horrible and the so-called celebrities were insufferable has-beens and wannabees - sorry Heidi and Spencer, that goes for you and your overblown perceptions of yourselves too.

If they cancel the show tonight, does everyone have to stay in the jungle? Please..... :)

#5 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,499 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:20 AM

Since I was doing stuff around the house and wasn't really going to be able to pay much attention to anything for any length of time, I left NBC on last night and all I can say is I don't think they could concoct a worse show if they tried. That was horrible and the so-called celebrities were insufferable has-beens and wannabees - sorry Heidi and Spencer, that goes for you and your overblown perceptions of yourselves too.

If they cancel the show tonight, does everyone have to stay in the jungle? Please..... :)

4 nights a week for 3 weeks is an eternity for a stinker of a show like this one :lol:
But you raise an interesting question if they take this show off the airwave do they get set free, or can they make this more interesting for us the viewer by turning the tide by going the “Running Man” style game show route:D

I would watch then

Pioneer VSX-1120
Comcast Triple Play

#6 OFFLINE   ibglowin

ibglowin

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:42 AM

It will make me find the time to watch and clear off all the recorded shows that have stacked up over the fall season on my 722......

Prison Break....

Boston Legal....

Heroes.....

Damages....

Breaking Bad....

The Tudors....

:lol:
Mike

"I always wanted to be a scientist, and now I are one."

#7 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,168 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:00 AM

I watched most of the show on FF4 and actually enjoyed it (at least the commercials).

Series Link was quickly deleted and NBC will not have to worry about my running up their phone bill by calling any of the toll-free numbers on the contestants shirts

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#8 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,868 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:11 AM

Sadly, I can tell you what network I won't be watching for the next three weeks.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#9 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,499 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:12 AM

So far this show looks like it would be more appropriately named “I'm a TV viewer ... Get Me the F Out of Here”:)

Pioneer VSX-1120
Comcast Triple Play

#10 OFFLINE   Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:23 AM

And then I get my first glimpse of a married couple that are supposedly so popular that even people that live in the Uganda Jungle talk about them all day long. But for some reason I have never heard of them until last night, this couples name, the “Hills”. :confused:I must be living under a rock because I have never heard of them until last night.

The Hills was the name of their show.

His name is Spencer Pratt. Her name is Heidi (Montag) Pratt.

And yes, they're idiots.

I didn't really "watch" the show, but it was on "in the background", mostly because there's NOTHING ON TV EXCEPT THIS GARBAGE. I hate the "off season".

Clearly, most of these "celebrities" are attention seeking morons. Stephen Baldwin - has he done anything except appear on "celebrity reality shows"? Two comedian chicks I've never heard of. Sanjaya "I want to be a pop star but I suck too horribly and have a stupid haircut" Malakar.

The "interesting" part of the show for me was that Lou Diamond Phillips and John Salley, seemed (at least in the parts of the show that I paid attention to) like they could care less that they're "ON TV". They're there (it seemed) because this was a chance to give some money to charity. They both made comments about being appreciative of living in the spotlight for the last however many years they've been "famous". Of all the "celebrities", those two seemed like they were the most "grounded", even recognizing that 'fame is fleeting' and commenting about how Spencer and Heidi were "more famous than us right now".

All in all, the show is pretty lame. It's one of those that if I happen to be sitting in front of the TV with nothing on, and it comes on, I might watch with one eye while I'm doing whatever else I'm doing, but I certainly won't go out of my way to record, or otherwise catch, the show.

Yes, I admit, I'm a "reality TV" junkie, and this show is sort of like the accident you see on the way to work - you have to slow down and look at it, even though you know you shouldn't.
"There's a statistical theory that if you gave a million monkey's typewriters and set them to work, they'd eventually come up with the complete works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Internet, we now know this isn't true" -Ian Hart

#11 OFFLINE   pfp

pfp

Whatever

• Registered
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:36 AM

Against my better judgement I setup a series link for this show. I figured I'd give it a show considering noting much else is on. Then I happened to catch a promo where they mantioned the "cast" and among them was the wife of Rod Blagovitch. It was in that instant that I decided watching a blank screen would be better.
I do, I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

#12 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,248 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:51 AM

Against my better judgement I setup a series link for this show. I figured I'd give it a show considering noting much else is on. Then I happened to catch a promo where they mantioned the "cast" and among them was the wife of Rod Blagovitch. It was in that instant that I decided watching a blank screen would be better.

Then you missed the best part when Mrs Blago was asked if her husband was guilty. Her long-winded defense of him on NBC made for a touching, much needed political break. :rolleyes:
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#13 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,168 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:16 AM

The Hills was the name of their show.

His name is Spencer Pratt. Her name is Heidi (Montag) Pratt.

And yes, they're idiots.

The best thing (for the network) would be for one of the Pratt's to get voted off this week and keep the other around until the end. 2+ weeks of listening to the other whine about how life sucks without the other.

The best thing for the viewer though would be to time warp to July 1st and put this misery behind us..

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#14 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,649 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:22 AM

I'm sort of surprised that this train wreck did as well as it did in the ratings, I'm curious as to how many viewers they lose tonight. I know I'll be watching anything but this.

http://tvbythenumber...o-victory/19806

#15 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,499 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:48 AM

I'm sort of surprised that this train wreck did as well as it did in the ratings, I'm curious as to how many viewers they lose tonight. I know I'll be watching anything but this.

http://tvbythenumber...o-victory/19806

I am willing to bet it drops down tonight;)

Pioneer VSX-1120
Comcast Triple Play

#16 OFFLINE   Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:28 AM

Then you missed the best part when Mrs Blago was asked if her husband was guilty. Her long-winded defense of him on NBC made for a touching, much needed political break. :rolleyes:

Well, you know, he DID do everything for "The People" 100% of the time, all the time, every day, and that made the powerful politicians and special interest groups angry, so they framed him and railroaded him out of town.

It's all a setup - why can't you just all see that. :rolleyes:
"There's a statistical theory that if you gave a million monkey's typewriters and set them to work, they'd eventually come up with the complete works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Internet, we now know this isn't true" -Ian Hart

#17 OFFLINE   Zellio

Zellio

Icon

• Banned User
  • 643 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:56 AM

What is this crap you people speak of? No, don't tell me, this is why I spend my time watching movies/sports and documentaries when I watch tv, and spend my other times playing video games, reading or learning new things.

Tv shows by and large now are complete mindless manure.

#18 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,248 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:08 PM

Well, you know, he DID do everything for "The People" 100% of the time, all the time, every day, and that made the powerful politicians and special interest groups angry, so they framed him and railroaded him out of town.

It's all a setup - why can't you just all see that. :rolleyes:

[:lol: hee-hee]
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#19 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,248 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:10 PM

What is this crap you people speak of? No, don't tell me, this is why I spend my time watching movies/sports and documentaries when I watch tv, and spend my other times playing video games, reading or learning new things.

Tv shows by and large now are complete mindless manure.

I think this one falls within your definition. :D
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#20 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,248 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:13 PM

I am willing to bet it drops down tonight;)

I think you're right, but not at first. Most of us will tune in to see the finish of the elimination challenge ... then tune out.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...