Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   pfp

pfp

Whatever

• Registered
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:54 PM

Ok, I have not watched this show but the if the name is I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here wouldn't you WANT to be eliminated?
I do, I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   dave29

dave29

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 12:59 PM

Ok, I have not watched this show but the if the name is I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here wouldn't you WANT to be eliminated?

That is what one would think.:lol:
They goofed that title up.

#23 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,558 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:00 PM

I'm waiting for "I Should Be A Celebrity - Get Me A Show!!!". That's what Octo-mom did and now she has one in Britain. I really hope Americans tune it out and never let it come here.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#24 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:04 PM

More than one contestant wants to do just that, pfp! The rest seem to want whatever moneys they can get for their respective charities. From what I saw last night, NBC would like us viewers to pay for that too.

I wonder if the celebs are geting something for themselves? Anything this bad has to be a paid gig.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#25 OFFLINE   dave29

dave29

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:06 PM

More than one contestant wants to do just that, pfp! The rest seem to want whatever moneys they can get for their respective charities. From what I saw last night, NBC would like us viewers to pay for that too.

I wonder if the celebs are geting something for themselves? Anything this bad has to be a paid gig.

I guarantee Heidi and Spencer are getting paid something, or they would have left last night. I'm sure some of that phone call to the producer was edited out so we couldn't hear what they talked about.

#26 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,690 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:06 PM

I think you're right, but not at first. Most of us will tune in to see the finish of the elimination challenge ... then tune out.

Not me.

When they first showed the dunk tank, I thought, "oh good, they're going to waterboard these idiots." I would have watched that.... :lol: Instead it's just bugs.... :(

#27 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:13 PM

Not me.

When they first showed the dunk tank, I thought, "oh good, they're going to waterboard these idiots." I would have watched that.... :lol: Instead it's just bugs.... :(

I thought the same when I heard it... and given the network airing it...
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#28 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,513 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:13 PM

I think you're right, but not at first. Most of us will tune in to see the finish of the elimination challenge ... then tune out.

Even that is stupid, why do they get to wear rain gear for that also?

Not me.

I’m with you +1

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

#29 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:15 PM

Even that is stupid, why do they get to wear rain gear for that also?

Probably. :lol: But I put in two hours of my time, so I'd like to see how they treat the first elimination... it's the masochist in me. :sure:
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#30 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:18 PM

I guarantee Heidi and Spencer are getting paid something, or they would have left last night. I'm sure some of that phone call to the producer was edited out so we couldn't hear what they talked about.

Don't you just love the drama? :rolleyes:
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#31 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,513 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:32 PM

These rich folks couldn’t hold up on survivor

Pioneer VSX-1120
Comcast Triple Play

#32 OFFLINE   dave29

dave29

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:34 PM

These rich folks couldn’t hold up on survivor

Hell no. This "camp" is so fake.

#33 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:40 PM

Totally lame.. More than 1/2 the people I did not have a clue who they where. Watched about 20 minutes of it. Sanjia? Give me a break and the wife of a politician. Anything with Steven Baldwin in it you know is destine to be bad.

Cracks me up. Winners get a chicken dinner. Loosers get Beans and rice. Real tough.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#34 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,513 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:36 PM

This is going to get ugly real fast for NBC :lol::rolleyes:

----------

Heidi and Spencer -- Quitters

http://www.tmz.com/2...encer-quitters/

Heidi and Spencer have followed through on their threat -- they have quit the NBC reality show "I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here!"

A source close to production tells TMZ the "Hills" duo walked off the set for good after the live portion of last night's show. It is unclear how the show will handle their leaving on tonight's episode.

Guess they weren't faking ... for a change.

UPDATE -- We're told the Red Cross, the charity Spencer was playing for on the show, now wants nothing to do with the program. It's unclear whether they would have received anything anyway -- but regardless, the Spencer experience left a bad taste in their mouth

Pioneer VSX-1120
Comcast Triple Play

#35 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,227 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:42 PM

This is suppose to be a strictly for charity event with the celebrities getting nothing more then a free vacation (once they are eliminated) and face time but that phone call last night made me suspicious on two fronts:

1) Are they getting some kind of appearance fee? After watching 30 minutes of the show, I would almost guess that Spencer does nothing (not even call his mother) for free.
2) Does Spencer have something to do with the production of the show? He and Heidi seemed to have a little more run of the place then anyone else.

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

#36 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:51 PM

----------

Heidi and Spencer have followed through on their threat -- they have quit the NBC reality show "I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here!"

A source close to production tells TMZ the "Hills" duo walked off the set for good after the live portion of last night's show. It is unclear how the show will handle their leaving on tonight's episode.

UPDATE -- We're told the Red Cross, the charity Spencer was playing for on the show, now wants nothing to do with the program. It's unclear whether they would have received anything anyway -- but regardless, the Spencer experience left a bad taste in their mouth

I'm sure the producers have some kind of guarantee in place where American Red Cross would get at least something. I suspect that each night the celebrities 'survive':lol: out there that amount goes up

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

#37 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,690 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:57 PM

----------

Or it's just more fake publicity to keep the idiots watching to see if they really do leave this time - I'll pass and read about it tomorrow......

Well, maybe they really did quit - just publicity seeking idiots. Hope they crash and burn......

http://perezhilton.c...ack-in-the-game
We just got off the phone with the I'm A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here quitter and he couldn't help but be thrilled with how things turned out for him and his new wife, Heidi Pratt.

The newlyweds are on their way back home to LA and then leaving tomorrow for New York City, where they are going to be appearing on Letterman and a ton of other media appearances.

Oh great, another Baldwin and a mystery female to take their place.....
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31069821/
And, now there’s a surprise in store for remaining contestant Stephen Baldwin, 43, according to DailyFill.com — which reports that his older brother, Daniel Baldwin, is secretly in Costa Rica. Daniel, 48, is now poised to step in for the infamous Montag, 22, and Pratt, 25, who both twice threatened to walk off during the premiere episode.

#38 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:01 PM

Or it's just more fake publicity to keep the idiots watching to see if they really do leave this time - I'll pass and read about it tomorrow......

I'm with you

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

#39 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,717 posts
  • LocationLancaster, PA area

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:20 PM

Did any of you catch this last night? :nono2:

This is a super turd of a show and I can’t believe they treat us peasants this way. At different times in the first episode I was like WTF, that team lost the food privilege and the winning team was told not to give any part of there food to the losers. That didn’t work, they all shared the winners food.

Another part was a contest for tribe leader and it was a total fail of a Competition from cheating by holding onto posts that had a bucket of some kind of sludge that if tipped onto person, said person would lose. Well said person did lose but was wearing a rain coat so she wouldn’t get her hair dirty, I guess.

There were so many things that should have insulted your intelligence. :mad:

And then I get my first glimpse of a married couple that are supposedly so popular that even people that live in the Uganda Jungle talk about them all day long. But for some reason I have never heard of them until last night, this couples name, the “Hills”. :confused:I must be living under a rock because I have never heard of them until last night.

I could go on but would rather be entertained by your thoughts on this show if you have any? :)

Funny thing is that I wouldn't consider any of those people to be celebrities.

HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200 (2), 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV), Cinema Kit (Wifi connection)
Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#40 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,513 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:20 PM

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!!!" -- Arthur Carlson, WKRP in Cincinnati. :)

------------

Cancer group refuses Patti's charity from reality show -- says Blago accused of extorting partner

http://blogs.suntime...fuses_patt.html

Pioneer VSX-1120
Comcast Triple Play

Protected By... spam firewall...And...