Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,645 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:23 PM

Funny thing is that I wouldn't consider any of those people to be celebrities.

Celebrity is apparently very loosely defined for this show.....:sure:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,110 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:25 PM

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!!!" -- Arthur Carlson, WKRP in Cincinnati. :)

{**gigglesnort**} I remember that ep. :lol:
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#43 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,115 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:29 PM

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!!!" -- Arthur Carlson, WKRP in Cincinnati. :)

------------

Cancer group refuses Patti's charity from reality show -- says Blago accused of extorting partner

http://blogs.suntime...fuses_patt.html

Celebrity is apparently very loosely defined for this show.....:sure:

They tried to book Rod but he had some issues getting the courts approval in order to leave the USA

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#44 ONLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:30 PM

I thought that quote would be fitting for a Turkey of a show as “I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here!":lol:

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

#45 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,110 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:31 PM

Well, you guys go ahead and boycott the show. I promised my wife that we would record the first week of it and decide later, so I have little choice. :(

I have to admit though, that the on-camera/off-camera shenanigans are entertaining. That in itself is enough to keep me interested. Don't care who wins, just give me the drama. :D
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#46 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,115 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:32 PM

------------

+1

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#47 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,110 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:33 PM

I thought that quote would be fitting for a Turkey of a show as “I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here!":lol:

... (says the President of NBC to the Board of Directors) ...:lol:
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#48 ONLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:50 PM

... (says the President of NBC to the Board of Directors) ...:lol:

Maybe this is Seinfeld’s idea 10 years later

A show about nothing, where people on the show can do what ever they want. Lets make a reality show where the contestant don’t have to play if they don’t want too, "the anti survivor show" where you the contestant make up the rules, people will love it……:lol:

Pioneer VSX-1120
Comcast Triple Play

#49 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,110 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:43 AM

Last night's episode confirmed that Heidi and Spencer are gone. They left after they challenged each other to find stars in a dark, creature-infested room. Spencer won 2 to 1 but they never showed the team eating the fish reward or whether they (the men) shared their bounty with the women.

Patti was voted by the men to recieve immunity from elimination, which was interesting.

I still can't shake the suspicion that some or all of the contestants are in it for more than just the charity money. No proof, of course. It just bothers me that Patti, at this juncture in her chaotic life - with hubby a few trials away from jail - would take on the jungle. Of course, given the chance, so would have Rod. So I wonder if charity was the only incentive?...

BTW ... the dunk tank did have a water element to it. :D
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#50 ONLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:57 AM

I'm sort of surprised that this train wreck did as well as it did in the ratings, I'm curious as to how many viewers they lose tonight. I know I'll be watching anything but this.

http://tvbythenumber...o-victory/19806

I am willing to bet it drops down tonight;)

I think you're right, but not at first. Most of us will tune in to see the finish of the elimination challenge ... then tune out.

The new numbers are in http://tvbythenumber...a-special/19940

We were right and I look for a bigger drop coming :P

Pioneer VSX-1120
Comcast Triple Play

#51 ONLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:00 PM

BTW ... the dunk tank did have a water element to it. :D

Did anyone drowned?:confused::D

Pioneer VSX-1120
Comcast Triple Play

#52 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,110 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:03 PM

Did anyone drowned?:confused::D

No, but as soon as the water started, everyone jumped out of the pool. :lol:
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#53 ONLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:06 PM

No, but as soon as the water started, everyone jumped out of the pool. :lol:

They should have added electricity also:eek2::P

Are you watching again tonight?

Pioneer VSX-1120
Comcast Triple Play

#54 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,645 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:10 PM

Last night's episode confirmed that Heidi and Spencer are gone.

Apparently not - what a joke of a show.

Heidi & Spencer Pratt Remaining on I'm a Celebrity, Says Rep
http://www.usmagazin...elebrity-200936

"Heidi and Spencer are still in the jungle and part of the show," their rep told Us Wednesday morning.

Us can also exclusively report that Spencer's sister Stephanie and his friend Spenser (yes, there's another one, only spelled with an 's') were the people under the blankets at L.A.'s LAX airport Tuesday night. They were simply used as decoy to throw people off and give the illusion that Spencer and Heidi had returned to L.A., says a source.

#55 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,110 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:17 PM

They should have added electricity also:eek2::P

Are you watching again tonight?

The way they jumped outta there, you could've sworm they added jolts to the water. :hurah:

Yeah, gotta see what speidi's coming up with to explain their return. Besides, I gotta record it until the first contestant goes home ... so I'm stuck till Thursday. :mad:

I wonder if NBC's been in on the hoax all along? Makes for interesting press ... not good press, mind you, but interesting. :rolleyes:
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#56 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,110 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:20 PM

"Heidi and Spencer are still in the jungle and part of the show," their rep told Us Wednesday morning.

Us can also exclusively report that Spencer's sister Stephanie and his friend Spenser (yes, there's another one, only spelled with an 's') were the people under the blankets at L.A.'s LAX airport Tuesday night. They were simply used as decoy to throw people off and give the illusion that Spencer and Heidi had returned to L.A., says a source.

As of last night, the show claimed they were history. Of course, E! now says it's not so ... for now. :sure:
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#57 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,115 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:37 PM

Heidi won't be around very long if she is indeed back..
As I understand the vote process, the person with the least amount of votes goes home. Heidi's name is not on the ballot (just checked NBC.COM) thus she would have the least, zero.

The public is not going to put up with this on-off game very long before revolting. If they indeed are back tonight and Heidi receives some magic exemption then my suspicions that Speidi has something more to do with the show then just being on it will be confirmed.

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#58 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,110 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 03 June 2009 - 01:37 PM

Heidi won't be around very long if she is indeed back..
As I understand the vote process, the person with the least amount of votes goes home. Heidi's name is not on the ballot (just checked NBC.COM) thus she would have the least, zero.

The public is not going to put up with this on-off game very long before revolting. If they indeed are back tonight and Heidi receives some magic exemption then my suspicions that Speidi has something more to do with the show then just being on it will be confirmed.

Now there's a thought... but I think there's a twist here...

I just went to NBC's home page, from there I clicked on Vote Now ... all I got was the IAC-GMOH main page. Didn't see a link to vote. On top of that, Spencer's and Heidi's pictures are still blacked out with "Quit" written on them. My guess is that this will change after tonight's episode if they in fact return, giving people a chance to still vote with Heidi on the ballot. All that said, I agree that Heidi may well be on the chopping block.

Also of interest is when you click on the "Celebrities and their Charities" link Spencer's pic and charity are no longer listed. I'll take that to mean that the ARC has backed out of their permission to post the logo. Heidi's charity is still posted.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#59 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,110 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:18 AM

Heidi and Spencer made their plea to return during last night's episode, but still haven't rejoined the group. In penance, they will have to spend the night inside the lost chamber in the company of all those creepy-crawly-critters. On top of that, they'll have to abide by the results of a group vote regarding their return.

In the meantime, Daniel Baldwin has been inserted into the men's group as a speidi "replacement". The program ended while the group was voting on accepting or rejecting speidi's return. (As can be expected, Daniel was against the return.)

Film at 11, I guess. :P
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#60 ONLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:23 AM

Heidi and Spencer made their plea to return during last night's episode, but still haven't rejoined the group. In penance, they will have to spend the night inside the lost chamber in the company of all those creepy-crawly-critters. On top of that, they'll have to abide by the results of a group vote regarding their return.

In the meantime, Daniel Baldwin has been inserted into the men's group as a speidi "replacement". The program ended while the group was voting on accepting or rejecting speidi's return. (As can be expected, Daniel was against the return.)

Film at 11, I guess. :P

:nono2:Your still watching this show, I know, I know, you will watch it until someone is voted out :D

Pioneer VSX-1120
Comcast Triple Play

spam firewall