Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#141 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:33 PM

In case you missed it (no big surprise), Daniel was sent packing by America last night. Yes, Daniel - as in one-of-the-Baldwins - while the likes of Janice will stick around for at least another week. And the real kicker is that Janice didn't even place in the bottom three!

It's kinda hard to understand the voters choice, unless you come to terms with America's predilection for the inane ... or maybe it's a morbid curiosity of what other gross acts Janice can perform for us? Not a healthy indulgence. Either way, it was an upset not many saw coming.

The challenge returned to its old formula last night, giving Sanjaya's reach the edge over Holly's shorter frame in the "shopping" food challenge. She simple could not reach the grocery items that were hanging and that proved to be no obstacle for the taller Sanjaya. Needless to say, the men won. And what a reward it was! :sure: A plethora of Mexican re-fried beans, avocados and tortilla shells ... yum-yum!

If you missed this episode, good for you!
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#142 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,687 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:06 PM

Janice is the choice of the "Vote for the Worst" website. They probably have an edge with this show given the limited viewership.

#143 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:11 PM

Janice is the choice of the "Vote for the Worst" website. They probably have an edge with this show given the limited viewership.

There's an irony there my superstition should leave alone. ;)
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#144 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,929 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:21 PM

Well, there's only next week left .. then everyone will get booted ..
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#145 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:32 PM

Well, there's only next week left .. then everyone will get booted ..

I don't suppose we'll know who won until the last broadcast on the 24th.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#146 OFFLINE   CoriBright

CoriBright

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 02:44 PM

Do you happen to recall the movie, "The Truman Show"?? This whole thing could be taking place on a sound stage at the Raleigh Studios in Manhattan Beach.

The female host (no idea of her name, they are both utterly unmemorable) at one point on Wednesday said they were in a studio, before she corrected herself. I just found it interesting she used the word studio, which tends to mean inside. Surelyshe would have said set if she were outside. Someone who DVR'd it (there must be at least one crazy person at least!!!) can probably run it back and check.

What is more important is....

Who (the ****) voted for Janice to STAY??????????????????? :eek2::nono::eek2:
Cari
www.coribright.com
www.juganet.com
www.jaredletochat.com
www.doausa.com

#147 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,225 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 14 June 2009 - 03:00 PM

The female host (no idea of her name, they are both utterly unmemorable) at one point on Wednesday said they were in a studio, before she corrected herself. I just found it interesting she used the word studio, which tends to mean inside. Surelyshe would have said set if she were outside. Someone who DVR'd it (there must be at least one crazy person at least!!!) can probably run it back and check.

I believe they mentioned in the first episode that Myleene Klass was winner of the original British Version

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

#148 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 14 June 2009 - 03:34 PM

Yes, I caught the slip. No need to check your sanity ... she said it. At the time, my immediate reaction was like yours; "why say studio?" when she could have said "set" or "location". Given the great production value of this show however, I chose to ignore it. :rolleyes:

NBC "voted" for Janice to stay. Who else would want her?
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#149 OFFLINE   CoriBright

CoriBright

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:35 PM

Thank goodness, I thought I might have imagined it or I was hearing things. Oh well, four more shows to go and we'll see how long we have to suffer Janice.
Cari
www.coribright.com
www.juganet.com
www.jaredletochat.com
www.doausa.com

#150 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,513 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:40 PM

http://blog.zap2it.c...l-facility.html

Exclusive: Janice Dickinson rushed to Costa Rican medical facility

Well, Heidi and Spencer may have left the Costan Rican jungle for good -- finally -- but the drama on "I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!" apparently continues.
A source close to the production tells me the self-proclaimed "world's first Supermodel," Ms. Janice Dickinson, was rushed by ambulance to the on-set medical facility this weekend after suffering from some sort of illness.
As of now, there's no word on what exactly ailed Janice, but I'm told the cameras have been following her every step of the way, so we'll likely find out on the show tonight.
I'm thinking John Salley and Daniel Baldwin poisoned her. You?

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

#151 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,929 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:51 PM

I'm thinking John Salley and Daniel Baldwin poisoned her. You?

Or snake bite from the snakes attracted to the rats that were attracted to the :eek:

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#152 OFFLINE   dave29

dave29

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:48 AM

That was a pretty elaborate tunnel system for the middle of a Costa Rican jungle:rolleyes:

Especially when people were tossing the alligators into the pool of water, that must have been a whole other section of tunnel that we couldn't see:lol:

#153 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:15 AM

I quit the jungle. Too many insults to my intelligence. NBC is stupid for thinking we are. Enjoy.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#154 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,513 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:04 PM

That was a pretty elaborate tunnel system for the middle of a Costa Rican jungle:rolleyes:

Especially when people were tossing the alligators into the pool of water, that must have been a whole other section of tunnel that we couldn't see:lol:

I quit the jungle. Too many insults to my intelligence. NBC is stupid for thinking we are. Enjoy.

:confused:I haven’t watched it since the second day, what moronic thing did they do to get so many PO’ed?

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

#155 OFFLINE   dave29

dave29

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:10 PM

:confused:I haven’t watched it since the second day, what moronic thing did they do to get so many PO’ed?

Nothing really, hasn't really changed since day one.

I'm not PO'ed about it, I keep watching it because it is so fake and dramatic at the same time that it is pretty amusing to me now.

I can't stop watching:lol:

#156 OFFLINE   thxultra

thxultra

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:47 PM

hahah I love the fact that the rain stops at the perfect time... I wish we could control our weather like that here. The tunnel was classic though... Could it be any more obvious that they are on a set someplace...

#157 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,929 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 17 June 2009 - 01:25 PM

Interesting dynamics in the show .. Turns out John is a popular guy with the viewers.

#158 OFFLINE   dave29

dave29

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 01:28 PM

Interesting dynamics in the show .. Turns out John is a popular guy with the viewers.

I was thinking the same thing.

But yet he was in the bottom 2 last week???

I wonder how many people actually vote? Maybe NBC males up the numbers:lol:

#159 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:02 PM

Or could it just be that NBC cooked the vote so they could name a black American the leader of the group? They've been pretty self-serving so far - right down to the GE comercials ...

Nah... :rolleyes:
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#160 OFFLINE   dave29

dave29

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:06 PM

Or could it just be that NBC cooked the vote so they could name a black American the leader of the group? They've been pretty self-serving so far - right down to the GE comercials ...

Nah... :rolleyes:

I doubt that has anything to do with it considering he missed most of the questions.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...